Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Its so embarrassing that C09 won't be released this year. I was very excited about it. I think the official announcement must be in September or November from EA.

I thought that we'll be able to see a cricket game this year from EA . I don't know why the announcements have been distributed. You should have posted at once as we know that it has to come publicly.

Certainly won't be this year but possible Q3 2010.
Did you mean that C09 will be released in Q3 2010 or next gen C10 will be releasing in Q3?

Let me tell others about this Q if they don't know:
Q's mean quarter. There are 4 quarters in each year.

Q1 = First Quarter (January- March)
Q2 = Second Quarter (April- June)
Q3 = Third Quarter (July - September)
Q4 = Fourth Quarter (October - December)

Hitterman added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Ashes Cricket is sounding very promising compared to this dishwater.
Ashes Cricket is a next gen game and it will be a lot better than BLIC (Older games) and EA Cricket.

Last edited:
Its so embarrassing that C09 won't be released this year. I was very excited about it. I think the official announcement must be in September or November from EA.

I thought that we'll be able to see a cricket game this year from EA . I don't know why the announcements have been distributed. You should have posted at once as we know that it has to come publicly.

Nooooooooooooooooo

Not so sure about mouse control for bowling. Point and click, I presume the cursor will wobble about or thats going to be tedious. In all honesty I can't see why exactly the same effects couldn't be achieved with a gamepad. I don't like using a mouse for gaming, I wouldn't use a gamepad for excel!

No mention of Batting controls? Is that to come or have they left that alone? Is Century stick still there? Will I need to use my keyboard, my mouse and a gamepad to play the thing? :eek: Multiplayer is out I guess!
Remember how nearly everyone couldn't get the Century stick to work on their gamepads? Mouse is basically trying to bring that to people who couldn't do it on gamepads.

You'll have a basically pure mouse control option, a keyboard control option and a gamepad control option. The later two are likely to be very close to their C07 counterparts, and allow you to have multiplayer.

You are really horrible at reading comprehension Hitterman.

Cricket 09 and Cricket 10 are different. One will release in 2009 and one will likely release in 2010, which is what Colin was talking about with Q3 2010.

You are really horrible at reading comprehension Hitterman.

Cricket 09 and Cricket 10 are different. One will release in 2009 and one will likely release in 2010, which is what Colin was talking about with Q3 2010.
Damn. I didn't read that due to the white strips in Google Chrome. Thanks for clarifying this. I think C09 will probably be released in Q3.

Why have you planetcricket admins told us about the next cricket after 09? I mean if Cricket 09 isn't any good(very likely) we wont buy it because the new one is coming. But if no one knew about Cricket 10 people will buy Cricket 09 because theres no other cricket game.

With Day 3's features, I feel excited about the fielding change and bowling control.

I like to be quite different.. Instead of gameplay, I am rather interested in various game modes available. ( World20 and Champions Trophy are already revealed but I am interested to know the other modes especially season mode)

I don't think there will be a career mode because when EA gives the flexibility of creating howmuchever players we want manually why should they provide us the career mode?

I am rather intrested in season mode like in ICC cricket captain :D

Why have you planetcricket admins told us about the next cricket after 09? I mean if Cricket 09 isn't any good(very likely) we wont buy it because the new one is coming. But if no one knew about Cricket 10 people will buy Cricket 09 because theres no other cricket game.

Cricket 09 and cricket 2010 are going to be different!

I like to be quite different.. Instead of gameplay, I am rather interested in various game modes available.
Probably Exhibition, Historical Matches,International Tours and Domestic Cricket. I hope this time we will be able to see Indian Domestic however I know there won't be IPL.

Why would we care if you don't buy Cricket 09? EA aren't giving us a commission on game sales. I'd rather people didn't fall for EA's cynical grab for your cash with a quickly done rehash, then get the activity boost that would come from it selling fantastically.

I'd hold off on pre-ordering the game at the very least. Wait for a PlanetCricket review, and user reviews from those who can't wait a year or so for the next EA offering (which is a lot of you, who just basically said you'll get it because it is new), then think whether it is worth the $60 it will likely cost (that's AU$ for those who thought that the NZ price was US dollars).

It will likely be like the 05 to 07 jump, just good enough for people to buy it again. Face it, EA have released rubbish cricket games, but they have been the best in their category. You'll all buy Cricket 09, and you'll hate it, but you'll go back for Cricket 10.

I've discussed Cricket 10's place in the past: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ricket-game-go-here-50934-33.html#post1362892. I'll allow you to draw the link between what we've said about Cricket 10 and the unknowns in that post.

Probably Exhibition, Historical Matches,International Tours and Domestic Cricket. I hope this time we will be able to see Indian Domestic however I know there won't be IPL.

I meant, " Season mode " will be a good breakthrough. When EA are making similar versions of Codies ( in adding dynamic swing/spin, history matches ), I think season mode is one such feature they could try to implement too.;)

I meant, " Season mode " will be a good breakthrough. When EA are making similar versions of Codies ( in adding dynamic swing/spin, history matches ), I think season mode is one such feature they could try to implement too.
Season mode will be really great. Another great addition will be replay saving. That will help us in producing good game videos. I still remember that this feature in C2000 was great :eek:! But the fact is that it was Creative Assemble there and HB Studios here.

So they just pulled kinda another FIFA 09 is what it seems atm. Add some funky mouse controls in there, use some higher polygon models, some Depth of Field (which would funk when used with AA) etc. I hope its not the same, but rather much more.

And if they can't pull out online in 2 years, wait what like 2 and a half years, after doing pretty much nothing and using the same engine, well its horrible.

Why would we care if you don't buy Cricket 09? EA aren't giving us a commission on game sales. I'd rather people didn't fall for EA's cynical grab for your cash with a quickly done rehash, then get the activity boost that would come from it selling fantastically.

I'd hold off on pre-ordering the game at the very least. Wait for a PlanetCricket review, and user reviews from those who can't wait a year or so for the next EA offering (which is a lot of you, who just basically said you'll get it because it is new), then think whether it is worth the $60 it will likely cost (that's AU$ for those who thought that the NZ price was US dollars).

It will likely be like the 05 to 07 jump, just good enough for people to buy it again. Face it, EA have released rubbish cricket games, but they have been the best in their category. You'll all buy Cricket 09, and you'll hate it, but you'll go back for Cricket 10.

I've discussed Cricket 10's place in the past: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ricket-game-go-here-50934-33.html#post1362892. I'll allow you to draw the link between what we've said about Cricket 10 and the unknowns in that post.

But what is it from a commercial incentive for EA when you guys say stuff like "I think you should wait till we get reviews...."?

Well remember that although we know the game won't be very good, we still want to keep EA onside, mainly so that we can keep getting exclusive information.

But what is it from a commercial incentive for EA when you guys say stuff like "I think you should wait till we get reviews...."?
If you wait until the reviews you'll be even less likely to buy the game. Unless the reviews are positive, in which case, EA deserve to get the sales.

Users who are viewing this thread