Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Even more than the graphics,I would like the animations to improve.
The fast bowling and batting animations look highly jerky and unrealistic to say the least.
BLIC got the animations almost right with more bowling action variety but their AI was too arcadey.

BLIC got the animations almost right with more bowling action variety but their AI was too arcadey.
In case of animations, BLIC is always better. If we'll compare BLIC 99 and Cricket 2000, we'll find that BLIC 99 is far better in case of animations.

Here comes the difference.:)

i want gameplay information,and some picture.ea always fails in gameplay
I think we might be able to see some gameplay information tomorrow. About Images, I think Kev said the right thing. Look again at C07 screenshots.

I think we might be able to see some gameplay information tomorrow. About Images, I think Kev said the right thing. Look again at C07 screenshots.

hope kev is wrong,if not then another crap is coming to us,:mad:
it will be better to wait for trine games.:cheers
BTW
whitehornmatt a great job:cheers

Last edited:
is this game going to be on xbox 360 or only on the pc? and that info was great, cant wait to play the classic matches :banana2

Dont have high expectations ... Isn't it enough that at least we are getting a Cricket game .... as long as they fix bugs of Cricket 07 and lift the graphics that should be OK. People stop complaining ...

Kind of hard for the bugs to be fixed if they are using the same gamecode :rolleyes:

Anyway, people should have high expectations, they are the bloody customer. This sort of attitude is why EA can keep getting away with producing the rubbish that they have been doing for the last few years.

I feel, as long as the patch makers are here, the gameplay is not to be worried about ... Even if they mention that gameplay is changed, you will have the gameplay which they had mentioned? definetly not! I remember somewhere, in one of the EA or Codies 07 version, they would have mentioned " gameplay has been tweaked! " Was it really tweaked? :laugh

So, I feel C05 graphics + C04 stadiums + some subcontinent cricket attention( I pray Tendulkar should not be having a mustache this time :p ) would fulfill me. I know the patchmakers here would make it even more aesthetic ;)

surendar added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

From the first part of the announcement, definitely I would be looking forward to the new style in commentary and classic matches. It would be great if they bring back the season mode or introduce a meaningful career mode :upray

Remember, Season mode was indeed present in C04 but they did not implement it and had it hidden in the menus. :cool:

I'm smiling at some of the cynics here. Sure the game won't be perfect but it's still worth getting a wee bit excited about. There are more announcements coming which even I am pretty pumped about.
Gameplay/AI can be improved by the excellent patchers here. As Surendar says what we need is the basic code for a season mode or something...

I've been let down too many times by EA. Obviously if they suddenly release game of the year and it is awesome I will happily apologise, but I really do doubt it.

Unless of course you have been telling me lies and I am making a fool of myself :p

At long as its on PS3 with better graphics and gameplay then crappy 07 then I might get it.

I like to see more studiums from south asia and west indies

Can you atleast tell us that from where you get all these information. I am not asking source just tell this who you talk about this so people can believe there is surely cricket 09 from EA

I'm smiling at some of the cynics here. Sure the game won't be perfect but it's still worth getting a wee bit excited about. There are more announcements coming which even I am pretty pumped about.
Gameplay/AI can be improved by the excellent patchers here. As Surendar says what we need is the basic code for a season mode or something...
Doesn't matter how much you polish a terd, it's still a terd.

Users who are viewing this thread