Cricket 19 : Gameplay Videos: Vids without description and context will be removed!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am absolutely loving reading about all these retro games going on - you could say the gang is back together. Got to say it’s difficult to work out who is doing the best as all three of them are potentially close to a collapse. Being in @Dale88 position might be a nice but very hard slog to bat for a long long time, @blockerdave provides hope and then quickly crushes it and @Dutch is through in his wicket by wicket reporting yet his running seems to be dodgy at best. All of these though in fairness are better than India’s 36 which included two of Indian best batsman .... Bumrah and Shaw!!
excited to see who comes out on top!!

p.s waiting for the comment backlash I will get for the India comment...! :lol:lol

wait for my next update... there is no hope!!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That catch animation is an abomination. DIVE!!!
I'll take it.

Fielding has lots of improvements that are needed but even stuff like this, where the animation makes the outcome unsatisfying, is unfortunate. Also thinking of boundary fielders catching/tapping back while facing into the crowd and first slips catching the ball behind the keeper when it goes straight at him and he takes too long to move from his crouched position. Oh and of course the teleporting keeper.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll take it.

Fielding has lots of improvements that are needed but even stuff like this, where the animation makes the outcome unsatisfying, is unfortunate. Also thinking of boundary fielders catching/tapping back while facing into the crowd and first slips catching the ball behind the keeper when it goes straight at him and he takes too long to move from his crouched position. Oh and of course the teleporting keeper.

I like to imagine the mo-cap sessions of Ross and co diving about and limbs flailing everywhere capturing diving animations lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'll take it.

I’ve had a number of occasions where if the fielder did the forward dive he’d catch it or at least get closer... if these dives happened (and they’d occasionally catch them) you’d get a real moment of tension and some stunning catches. Instead you get frustration of an ugly animation meaning the catch is never a realistic possibility, and even when a catch is taken like that instead of excitement you’re thinking “ugh that’s awful”.

And I’ve never seen anyone on a cricket field try and take the ball that way. That animation has no business existing and annoyingly the forward dive animation is in the game!!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’ve had a number of occasions where if the fielder did the forward dive he’d catch it or at least get closer... if these dives happened (and they’d occasionally catch them) you’d get a real moment of tension and some stunning catches. Instead you get frustration of an ugly animation meaning the catch is never a realistic possibility, and even when a catch is taken like that instead of excitement you’re thinking “ugh that’s awful”.

And I’ve never seen anyone on a cricket field try and take the ball that way. That animation has no business existing and annoyingly the forward dive animation is in the game!!
Probably hyperbole, but I swear the only time I see the forward dive is when the field misfields. Then they roll around on their belly looking at the ball while you run two without the ball leaving the thirty yard circle.

Users who are viewing this thread