Cricket 19 General Discussion

Here Is Mine From Today West Indies Me Al Pakistan Standard/ soft Won The Toss Decided to bat First.

Attachments

• 20190726_161505.jpg
    20190726_161505.jpg
    991.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190726_161526.jpg
    20190726_161526.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190726_161541.jpg
    20190726_161541.jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190726_161553.jpg
    20190726_161553.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190726_161603.jpg
    20190726_161603.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Still waiting eagerly for proper fixes to elementary things in the game. I'm not even referring to promised new or innovative features. Just elementary batting, bowling and fielding issues that still persist. The game is still pretty new so I'm still hopeful. It has to be said though that ever since 14, every game has regressed in some ways. At least that is my perception of it. With regards to gameplay I mean. Maybe Ashes was better than 17, but then again the way 17 was abandoned with another game within the year that was pretty much the same was very questionable. It's quite inexplicable really that newer iterations are missing things from older versions. Cricket, in my opinion, deserves more attention from the video gaming world and a better product. Again, it's quite a shame because this game, just like Ashes before it, is so close but, for some reason, they just can't get over that threshold.

Still waiting eagerly for proper fixes to elementary things in the game. I'm not even referring to promised new or innovative features. Just elementary batting, bowling and fielding issues that still persist. The game is still pretty new so I'm still hopeful. It has to be said though that ever since 14, every game has regressed in some ways. At least that is my perception of it. With regards to gameplay I mean. Maybe Ashes was better than 17, but then again the way 17 was abandoned with another game within the year that was pretty much the same was very questionable. It's quite inexplicable really that newer iterations are missing things from older versions. Cricket, in my opinion, deserves more attention from the video gaming world and a better product. Again, it's quite a shame because this game, just like Ashes before it, is so close but, for some reason, they just can't get over that threshold.

have to agree with what you've said here. This game in parts is really good, but then there are things ,either there or missing that dampens the wholesome enjoyment factor. At the moment for me is lack of all forms of dismissals( yet again) as was with ashes before, namely runouts/stumpings/outfield catches. It'd be good to know from Bigant if these can or cannot be achieved for whatever reason, would prefer that than to be left in the dark.

Like I said, game can feel really good in parts, and has a lot of potential to be very good indeed, but I fear this will get abandoned soon, and another version will be announced and the whole process will start again, something I'm not a big fan of, especially if there are no real strides made from one to the next.

Okay so after a long time,updated the game, booted up and started with a Test Match, India v England. Just a single Play Now match.

Bowled out England for 345 in 90 overs. But that's not the interesting part.

Throughout the match the ball never degraded. I was offered the New Ball after 80 overs which was okay. I took it at 83 overs.

To my surprise, I was offered a New Ball repeatedly after every over. I was also able to take it again. I got them all out soon after so couldn't take it for a 3rd time.

But what exactly is going on with this? I thought this was fixed in v1.07? Anybody else faced this?

@MattW Do you need any further details?

After the Latest Patch :

In our Online Custom 45 Over a Day Test , the ball had allmost no wear after 40 Overs , just the Kooka badge was gone.

I then took my New Ball , and was prompted again 3 Overs later to take the New Ball , which I did , and after that new ball didnt get the Prompt again.

After the Latest Patch :

In our Online Custom 45 Over a Day Test , the ball had allmost no wear after 40 Overs , just the Kooka badge was gone.

I then took my New Ball , and was prompted again 3 Overs later to take the New Ball , which I did , and after that new ball didnt get the Prompt again.

I’m finding they have a new ball from each end even when the match type isn’t set to that. So you get less wear plus a double prompt.

Have reported this bug several builds ago but not fixed

Is this another case of BA unfixing a game?

I'm unable to get Roston Chase to bowl anything else but legspin as an AI. This is so, so elementary. His special delivery skill, as in IRL, is zero, yet everything is either going straight on or away from the right hander, with maybe the odd off break thrown in. He is an offspin bowler. How many years are we down the line here?!

I wish we had the option NOT to take patches. Makes me furious.

How do I escalate this, as nobody on BA seems to be on the forums?

@WealeyH @blockerdave - thoughts?

Last edited:
I've noticed that in the last couple of T20 matches,the AI has used up all the best bowlers by about over 16.Haven't played for awhile but can't remember this happening previously.

Is this another case of BA unfixing a game?

I'm unable to get Roston Chase to bowl anything else but legspin as an AI. This is so, so elementary. His special delivery skill, as in IRL, is zero, yet everything is either going straight on or away from the right hander, with maybe the odd off break thrown in. He is an offspin bowler. How many years are we down the line here?!

I wish we had the option NOT to take patches. Makes me furious.

How do I escalate this, as nobody on BA seems to be on the forums?
Emailing them seems to be the favoured response of most people on here.

Reactions: DAP
Emailing them seems to be the favoured response of most people on here.

I'm also amazed this doesn't make more people annoyed. I mean an offspinner becoming a legspinner? Surely it's more important than a cutscene.

When is it happening? Cause it shouldn't be happening and I've not seen it.

When facing AI off spinners with no special delivery skill and no perks, most things are being spun away from the right hander, or going straight on, with the odd normal off spinner thrown in.

AFAIK, it's been a problem right through Big Ant's cricketing games, and was sort of fixed in 1.09, although I didn't use it enough to test.

If you could have a look at it i'd be grateful. I'm wracking my brains to try and think what has gone wrong here. I'll try and send some hawk eye shots when he comes on again. You don't get this problem? Theoretically someone like Chase shouldn't be ragging the ball away at all. Maybe I have something set incorrectly. I have tried him with different actions too.

When facing AI off spinners with no special delivery skill and no perks, most things are being spun away from the right hander, or going straight on, with the odd normal off spinner thrown in.

AFAIK, it's been a problem right through Big Ant's cricketing games, and was sort of fixed in 1.09, although I didn't use it enough to test.

If you could have a look at it i'd be grateful. I'm wracking my brains to try and think what has gone wrong here. I'll try and send some hawk eye shots when he comes on again. You don't get this problem? Theoretically someone like Chase shouldn't be ragging the ball away at all. Maybe I have something set incorrectly. I have tried him with different actions too.
Like I say it shouldn't be happening, but I can't say with 100% certainty that it might not happen. I can have a look myself though.

There are certain aspects of AI bowling from the beta that I've talked to Matt about sharing on the forum. But I've not had the time to write something up and would want to run it past him first. There have also been other issues that have kept me from doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread