Cricket 19 General Discussion

Like I say it shouldn't be happening, but I can't say with 100% certainty that it might not happen. I can have a look myself though.

There are certain aspects of AI bowling from the beta that I've talked to Matt about sharing on the forum. But I've not had the time to write something up and would want to run it past him first. There have also been other issues that have kept me from doing so.

It seemed to have been fixed in the last patch, but has returned with a vengeance. It's a real immersion killer when Lyon is ragging them away from the right hander and I just can't get over it. It's astonishing that it hasn't been brought up (Or I have something really wrong with my settings!)

What I find amusing is I fire up the game after a month and I notice such game breaking issues whereas the testers who play for hours a day don't notice it.

I wonder how the testers are really used by BA? Throughout the years the testers somehow fail to recreate issues which are so on-the-face. Incredible really.

What I find amusing is I fire up the game after a month and I notice such game breaking issues whereas the testers who play for hours a day don't notice it.

I wonder how the testers are really used by BA? Throughout the years the testers somehow fail to recreate issues which are so on-the-face. Incredible really.

I think the general issues among the testers have been that BA might use them, but they don't always listen.

It's annoying, you get these sorts of peaks and troughs in their titles, and the final patches are usually absolutely substandard compared to better builds which we can never get to again. Must be incredibly frustrating for the testers.

I think the general issues among the testers have been that BA might use them, but they don't always listen.

It's annoying, you get these sorts of peaks and troughs in their titles, and the final patches are usually absolutely substandard compared to better builds which we can never get to again. Must be incredibly frustrating for the testers.
That has been a real issue in all previous games and i am afraid there are no signs of improvement even for this one

Is this another case of BA unfixing a game?

I'm unable to get Roston Chase to bowl anything else but legspin as an AI. This is so, so elementary. His special delivery skill, as in IRL, is zero, yet everything is either going straight on or away from the right hander, with maybe the odd off break thrown in. He is an offspin bowler. How many years are we down the line here?!

I wish we had the option NOT to take patches. Makes me furious.

How do I escalate this, as nobody on BA seems to be on the forums?

@WealeyH @blockerdave - thoughts?

Haven’t noticed I’ll keep an eye out. Does he have perks that might undo the base zero skill?

My experience, and it's only from this game, has been that we are listened to. But the realities of game development mean that things have to be prioritised and some things cannot be done. That's not a surprise to me and something I expected going into it. Matt has been great as far as I'm concerned getting feedback from us, not to mention all the public feedback. Likewise with the devs, at times we've asked for something and got it way quicker than expected. I've seen nothing to suggest there isn't full commitment to producing the best game possible. I thought it at release, and I still think it now, this is the best cricket game they've released (at this stage after the initial release).

In terms of testing and the 'game breaking issues.. the testers who play for hours a day don't notice it'. This game would not be where it's at if it wasn't for the Beta team. But, as with every game, things get missed or just don't happen until it's been released, or until an instance occurs that just hasn't happened during testing (trying to test every eventually in even at T20 is difficult because there are so many variables, let alone a full test match). That's why every game has a day one patch and every game gets patched after release. We are only human, we have lives outside of testing a game (for free). If people don't think we're doing enough they're 100% wrong.

Haven’t noticed I’ll keep an eye out. Does he have perks that might undo the base zero skill?

No perks...

Fabian Allen is the same. No perks (I have edited), and no special delivery. Bowls half his balls as a left arm Chinaman.

What worries me more than this is that again the sliders do nothing, and just average out into a general player "skill".

I've seen them bowl their stock balls, but it's only about half the time, like in all other BA titles.

My experience, and it's only from this game, has been that we are listened to. But the realities of game development mean that things have to be prioritised and some things cannot be done. That's not a surprise to me and something I expected going into it. Matt has been great as far as I'm concerned getting feedback from us, not to mention all the public feedback. Likewise with the devs, at times we've asked for something and got it way quicker than expected. I've seen nothing to suggest there isn't full commitment to producing the best game possible. I thought it at release, and I still think it now, this is the best cricket game they've released (at this stage after the initial release).

In terms of testing and the 'game breaking issues.. the testers who play for hours a day don't notice it'. This game would not be where it's at if it wasn't for the Beta team. But, as with every game, things get missed or just don't happen until it's been released, or until an instance occurs that just hasn't happened during testing (trying to test every eventually in even at T20 is difficult because there are so many variables, let alone a full test match). That's why every game has a day one patch and every game gets patched after release. We are only human, we have lives outside of testing a game (for free). If people don't think we're doing enough they're 100% wrong.

And their work is hugely appreciated this side anyway.

But I think patches seem to come out thick and fast, one every few days when they feel like it, and then suddenly stop for ages. Doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence that there is any sort of plan of continuous improvement. I mean they don't have to put any patches out at all, but if they purport to making a cricket simulation, then these checks and balances should be in place.

Issue for me would be we have had this spinners bowling the wrong way in every game and it seemed to get resolved earlier this game so if it’s crept back in it shows a lack of control that is worrying

Just some thoughts on the game after reading the recent posts

Bugs:
- That new ball bug has happened to me as well.
- The tiny partnership bug which doesn’t count certain extras in the partnership graphics (though in match, 50 and 100 partnerships are acknowledged accurately) is still there.
- I am not able to see any abilities that I can unlock, like I have a lot of ability points but the bowling point screen doesn’t have the locks on the empty rectangles to unlock and use the ability and skill points. I hope someone can guide me on this, otherwise will report the bug on the thread and email as well!

Thoughts (Good and Bad):
- I don’t mind the no club cricket in Indian Careers, anymore. It kind of is more accurate to real domestic cricket in India.
- I wish selection difficulty had an option in between easy and normal, as easy gets me into most teams early enough, and normal has not worked for me since the days of Ashes Cricket (I didn’t make it to the Indian Team in AC).
- That team not downloading play faces is fixed so that’s good.

Issue for me would be we have had this spinners bowling the wrong way in every game and it seemed to get resolved earlier this game so if it’s crept back in it shows a lack of control that is worrying

Dave the Standard pitch won’t scuff up. It’s like the Pristine version of it all. Not my choice just how it’s set.

And their work is hugely appreciated this side anyway.

But I think patches seem to come out thick and fast, one every few days when they feel like it, and then suddenly stop for ages. Doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence that there is any sort of plan of continuous improvement. I mean they don't have to put any patches out at all, but if they purport to making a cricket simulation, then these checks and balances should be in place.

Let’s just put it this way...

I’m part of the beta team. Yet I don’t understand the process or the decision making so many different factors.

For me nothing is ever properly polished. Everything is half done. Pitches etc etc

What your experiencing hasn’t been touched at all. I no that. What it may be is just an error in the AI bowling intelligence and its getting its deliveries mixed up. Easy to change. But you will need an update.

Let’s just put it this way...

I’m part of the beta team. Yet I don’t understand the process or the decision making so many different factors.

For me nothing is ever properly polished. Everything is half done. Pitches etc etc

What your experiencing hasn’t been touched at all. I no that. What it may be is just an error in the AI bowling intelligence and its getting its deliveries mixed up. Easy to change. But you will need an update.

Well if you could bang on whatever doors you can. (I'm surprised all this doesn't bother you guys as much. You all seem to know your cricket). I'm also surprised it took me so long to become annoyed by it, but once you see it you can't unsee it.

Users who are viewing this thread