Cricket 19 General Discussion

Going by the screenshots they do look a bit different so potentially. No confirmation yet.

They’ve definitely done new scans. Ross said so in an interview.[DOUBLEPOST=1553774891][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are they going to rescan the players for cricket 19 or use the ons's from ashes cricket?

They’ve definitely done new scans. Ross said so in an interview.

Seems Nothing about cricket 19 for errr 65 page.
So let’s just look up and say
“ain't sky brilliant”

I doubt this will be implemented as yet. But I agree the option to edit structures would be great

Something as simple as the ability to add and delete teams within each section would make this possible. Deleting a team could result in its players becoming 'free agents', and once a team is added, perhaps a prompt to add at least 12 players onto it? I don't think this would be a huge issue, although I don't know anything about video game programming.

Is that repetition for emphasis ?

My first response seemed to attach to the first responder, so I was just making sure that the original questioner saw it.

To emphasise, Ross said they were doing some scans earlier this year, so new scans, scans, scans!

@MattW

I'd like to reiterate a suggestion I had made earlier, which I think might be able to remedy the issue of most players becoming too highly rated later on in career mode. Each player, including the ones that are generated in career mode, can have a skill called "potential" or "growth". We can assign a value to this. That player would then only progress, or regress, to that value. I think the NBA 2K series had this in a previous version. So if Mohammad Amir's actual rating is 80 for example, and his potential is set at 85, then he would only progress in career mode to 85 in his prime years, and then as he ages, regress slowly downward.

Similarly, you could have a player whose rating is higher than her/his potential. They would then only regress until their eventual retirement.

@MattW

I'd like to reiterate a suggestion I had made earlier, which I think might be able to remedy the issue of most players becoming too highly rated later on in career mode. Each player, including the ones that are generated in career mode, can have a skill called "potential" or "growth". We can assign a value to this. That player would then only progress, or regress, to that value. I think the NBA 2K series had this in a previous version. So if Mohammad Amir's actual rating is 80 for example, and his potential is set at 85, then he would only progress in career mode to 85 in his prime years, and then as he ages, regress slowly downward.

Similarly, you could have a player whose rating is higher than her/his potential. They would then only regress until their eventual retirement.
I don't think you would need to do the last part in that way. You could just have their current ability match their potential. Then, as they are out of peak age range, incremental decreases in their current ability would occur over time.

Come on, back on topic and discussion as to why sky is blue ?
Open a separate thread for that.
My first response seemed to attach to the first responder, so I was just making sure that the original questioner saw it.

To emphasise, Ross said they were doing some scans earlier this year, so new scans, scans, scans!
I know it was a mistake was just kidding.

Just to add to the above by @hammadahmed88. Football Manager has a good system. Players have a 'current ability' and a 'potential ability.' The potential isn't always guaranteed to be the level they will reach, I think it is related to training and form.

Likewise for younger players whose potential might not be clear they can be rated in ranges (e.g 170-200 or 150-170). So when you start a new game their potential is random but within a specific range. So a player might be a very good player in one game you start but in another they might be a Messi level player.

Users who are viewing this thread