Cricket 19 General Discussion

Over 3 weeks without a shred of info ? Bit strange after an announcement.
It Isn’t that strange actually, give them time, you will see some more stuff very soon. Most likely more info will come abit more closer to the release date, that just tends to be how they todo things (hype build up). Just be patient.

It Isn’t that strange actually, give them time, you will see some more stuff very soon. Most likely more info will come abit more closer to the release date, that just tends to be how they todo things (hype build up). Just be patient.
Oh I’m not fussed, I’m just commenting on the strange aspect that after a huge announcement and big hype, that effectively (if even next week) there would have been a whole month in between the announcement and any info or tease, post it.

Oh I’m not fussed, I’m just commenting on the strange aspect that after a huge announcement and big hype, that effectively (if even next week) there would have been a whole month in between the announcement and any info or tease, post it.
Yeah nah like I can understand for some people It can seem abit strange but that’s just how they roll, seems to work alright for them though I guess.

May be in first or second week of April we will see some promotional stuff from BigAnt

Ok then, no update for this week as well, just another week full of

Cooking recipes
Pointless mr. Know it all posts
Silly little BA Twitter replies
And yes the not so funny jokes of not to name any names !! Dutch

Enjoy

Just to add to the above by @hammadahmed88. Football Manager has a good system. Players have a 'current ability' and a 'potential ability.' The potential isn't always guaranteed to be the level they will reach, I think it is related to training and form.

Likewise for younger players whose potential might not be clear they can be rated in ranges (e.g 170-200 or 150-170). So when you start a new game their potential is random but within a specific range. So a player might be a very good player in one game you start but in another they might be a Messi level player.

The range idea is pretty good. That would be a much better system I'd presume, although I haven't played Football Manager to know. That way potential can be linked with performance.

On the tagging of fast bowlers into categories, I think the implementation should be simply based on the Speed value attribute. If its 90+, the bowler should be able to bowl average speeds of late 140 (combined with the stamina/confidence value). If its 85-90, the mean speeds should be 140-145, again depending on the value of confidence/stamina. an attribute of 80-85 must achieve average speeds of 135ish. Off course each of these would follow some sort of a bell curve distribution with the rare deliveries faster or slower. Tagging by name is very arbritrary and leads to unwanted complication. In fact, based on the speed attributes of the bowler, the in-game scorecard should be able to classify the bowler automatically. If I had a bowler speed distribution for all top bowlers of different speed categories, there should be a straight forward way to implement this. If we had a dataset of 1000-odd deliveries (the more the better) bowled by Rabada, Anderson, Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvaneswar, Broad, Gabriel, Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, Stokes, Woakes, Yadav, Ishant etc and look at the mean speed distribution for each of them, you can assign attributes for the bowling speed based on it. Even, on the stamina front, if we had numbers for these speeds in the 2nd/3rd spells in test cricket or the fag end of a spell, one can assign a scaling factor that depends on bowler stamina. I think we must do away with the tag of FM, MF, F etc entirely. Currently, a speed attribute of 90 results in a different sort of a bowling speed for a bowler tagged FM versus fast within the academy. Why all that when a simpler model should give you a decent gradation? When numbers can capture something, why use words? As anyone who has worked on designing models to simulate complex processes would tell you, the fewer parameters you have in your model the better.

Last edited:
Ok then, no update for this week as well, just another week full of

Cooking recipes
Pointless mr. Know it all posts
Silly little BA Twitter replies
And yes the not so funny jokes of not to name any names !! Dutch

Enjoy
It alright buddy at least we know when the game coming out I can agree with the last statement his jokes are terrible and over rated

Saw Cricket 19's another teaser in my dream, hoping everyday that there will be some screenshots or any update by ECB or Ross. Anyways in my dream there is a day night test match happening in lord's(guess they do not have floodlights) between Aus and England. Pat is getting ready to bowl and he is stretching his arms and few glitches happened(and all PlanetCricket members were heartbroken I could see few used crying emoji in Facebook) and I saw the camera angles were pretty good.. the camera focused in Lord's balcony were players and staff were involved in discussion and they were sort of cheering and clapping.. somewhere I can recollect the match was heading to a nail biter looking at the Lord's screen and I guess thats why Australian's were looking to cheer loud and few were near boundary rope too..

Users who are viewing this thread