Cricket 19 General Discussion

There was a time when my eyes used to be glued to these forums starting from DBC 14 to DBC 17. I always used to refresh the browser in hope of 1 new update to be happy about. But then suddenly from Ashes 17 we stopped getting that privilege. It feels all the same now being a PC member. BA have always failed to promote their games as good as they could have. But at least idea sourcing from crowds was a good promotional activity as loyal customer/fan base was being created. When I look around me and try to find the DBC enthusiasts of that time, they aren't there anymore. Hopefully BA will interact and engage us more with their super secret game development. Even in post launch period BA should plan something to keep the hype of Ashes 19 intact. There should be some benefits for the players to keep playing it.

There was a time when my eyes used to be glued to these forums starting from DBC 14 to DBC 17. I always used to refresh the browser in hope of 1 new update to be happy about. But then suddenly from Ashes 17 we stopped getting that privilege. It feels all the same now being a PC member. BA have always failed to promote their games as good as they could have. But at least idea sourcing from crowds was a good promotional activity as loyal customer/fan base was being created. When I look around me and try to find the DBC enthusiasts of that time, they aren't there anymore. Hopefully BA will interact and engage us more with their super secret game development. Even in post launch period BA should plan something to keep the hype of Ashes 19 intact. There should be some benefits for the players to keep playing it.
Dream About You
Stevie B
There was a time in my life
When I opened my eyes
And there you were
You were more than a dream
I could reach out and touch you girl
That was long ago
There are some things
That I guess I'll never know
When you love someone
You gotta learn to let them go
When I dream about you
That's when everything's alright
You're in my arms, here next to me, forever
When I dream about you, girl you never go away
Just close my eyes, wait for my dreams
'Cause I still love loving you.

For a minute I thought you were ripping off this song.

Dream About You
Stevie B
There was a time in my life
When I opened my eyes
And there you were
You were more than a dream
I could reach out and touch you girl
That was long ago
There are some things
That I guess I'll never know
When you love someone
You gotta learn to let them go
When I dream about you
That's when everything's alright
You're in my arms, here next to me, forever
When I dream about you, girl you never go away
Just close my eyes, wait for my dreams
'Cause I still love loving you.

For a minute I thought you were ripping off this song.
Stop thinking from next onward then!

Don't worry Dutch I think |insert "most of"| your jokes are funny, so at least you have someone that is amused by them. Then again I'm easily amused, I'll laugh at anything. Never have quite matured myself, just a big kid pretty much....

You still got that recipe!? :p

They don’t call me blocker berry for no reason.

Two things that I would dearly like in this game:
First is batsman should have different attributes for seamers and spinners as there are a lot of batsmen who play seamers better than spinners and vice versa
Second is there should be an option to bring the boundary fielders closer just like fielders in 30 yard circle.This is a good tactic for big stadiums with long boundaries.Might bring more depth to fielding with regards to run outs and catches.
Yes, great suggestions if they can be implemented. Fielding, as I have said, would receive an overhaul in a perfect world. My earlier suggestion was to have more 'dots' or 'spaces' where we can place fielders on the field, rather than the standard fielding positions we have now. In an ideal world, the ability to drag or move each position around manually would be fantastic. This would also bring in another element of sharing where people could upload there field positions to the community.

Yes, great suggestions if they can be implemented. Fielding, as I have said, would receive an overhaul in a perfect world. My earlier suggestion was to have more 'dots' or 'spaces' where we can place fielders on the field, rather than the standard fielding positions we have now. In an ideal world, the ability to drag or move each position around manually would be fantastic. This would also bring in another element of sharing where people could upload there field positions to the community.
The problem I have with more fielding spaces/dots, or adding manual movement is that this skews things in favour of the human player when playing v AI. To get the AI to utilise it and make these minor adjustments would probably be tough. I think we already have quite a big advantage in that we can make small tweaks. So giving us the additional options, while it would be nice to have, could increase our advantage.

That being said maybe it's something that could be utilised in player v player though.

as long as there is the following id be enthused .

weather and its influence on the match
pitch wear and tear as days progress in tests and its influence on batting, bowling
all modes of dismissal.( not just a high percentage of bowled followed by lbws)
and of course a complete overhaul of one of the biggest source of frustration in current game, the diabolical fielding

if all these are in the the new game then great, but I highly doubt it :rolleyes

The problem I have with more fielding spaces/dots, or adding manual movement is that this skews things in favour of the human player when playing v AI. To get the AI to utilise it and make these minor adjustments would probably be tough. I think we already have quite a big advantage in that we can make small tweaks. So giving us the additional options, while it would be nice to have, could increase our advantage.

That being said maybe it's something that could be utilised in player v player though.
Yes, I agree that this is a completely fair point in the way the game is currently set up as far as AI batting is concerned. I just meant in an ideal world, changing the field should bring about change in AI as well. So they could still hit gaps in other areas with a change in field. But I understand that this is perhaps wishful thinking at this point. Perhaps a few more points wouldn't result in such a large advantage.

I reckon the only reason we dont have an update from BA since 7th March is probably due to the fact they were waiting for Warner & Smith’s bans to end. They can only have them in screenshots or a video once they get a confirmation from CA.

Reactions: DAP
I reckon the only reason we dont have an update from BA since 7th March is probably due to the fact they were waiting for Warner & Smith’s bans to end. They can only have them in screenshots or a video once they get a confirmation from CA.
If they wanted to show more of the game, they'd just show other players. The game doesn't revolve around Smith and Warner.

They are probably waiting for the English cricket season to start. When there's cricket on TV, they may start the marketing machine.

If they wanted to show more of the game, they'd just show other players. The game doesn't revolve around Smith and Warner.

They are probably waiting for the English cricket season to start. When there's cricket on TV, they may start the marketing machine.
Cricket on TV won't be until mid April when the RLC starts.

It’s a good guess. If that is the case they could have made announcement little late as well.

Just a small thing but I would like to have the option of batting in a hat instead of a helmet when facing spin bowlers in Cricket 19. Having the option of the 12th man bringing out your baggy green for example in a test match would be very neat and this cosmetic change could be shown off if you achieve a milestone like a 50 against two spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread