Cricket 19 General Discussion

@MattW

I'd like to reiterate a suggestion I had made earlier, which I think might be able to remedy the issue of most players becoming too highly rated later on in career mode. Each player, including the ones that are generated in career mode, can have a skill called "potential" or "growth". We can assign a value to this. That player would then only progress, or regress, to that value. I think the NBA 2K series had this in a previous version. So if Mohammad Amir's actual rating is 80 for example, and his potential is set at 85, then he would only progress in career mode to 85 in his prime years, and then as he ages, regress slowly downward.

Similarly, you could have a player whose rating is higher than her/his potential. They would then only regress until their eventual retirement.
Pes has a similar system. And it's also age dependent. So at a certain age they starting declining and the younger they are the more likely to skill up.

Pes has a similar system. And it's also age dependent. So at a certain age they starting declining and the younger they are the more likely to skill up.

I’m not familiar with the football games.

One thing I’d say is that some players just keep getting better. Maybe you’ll have one player become great at 27 then decline. Maybe somebody becomes good but doesn’t reach good until 33.

I wouldn’t want a built in ‘everybody drops in ability once they reach 29’ or something like that. Everybody’s different.

One thing I’d say is that some players just keep getting better. Maybe you’ll have one player become great at 27 then decline. Maybe somebody becomes good but doesn’t reach good until 33.

I wouldn’t want a built in ‘everybody drops in ability once they reach 29’ or something like that. Everybody’s different.
You need to have a realistic range for what constitutes a peak, so that there is variation. Some players would hit a peak for a year and then decline but only gradually, others might have peak that lasts for several years but then sharper decline.

The big difference is that physical ability has a greater impact in football. So a player might still be as good technically; but age along with wear and tear makes the technical ability more difficult to execute. Losing pace might mean you can't get into the better scoring positions for example. With cricket I'd feel that it's only really fast bowlers who are likely to be heavily restricted through physical decline.

I agree. I think Pes counters that by attributes like late peak and early bloomer etc.

Ability to just download kits without having to download the entire team could prove to be useful. I have missed having multiple kits for my teams. Also the ability to copy uniform from one team to another. I think we had this in DBC 14

Ability to just download kits without having to download the entire team could prove to be useful. I have missed having multiple kits for my teams. Also the ability to copy uniform from one team to another. I think we had this in DBC 14
This is in Ashes

Fridays used to be so cool before! New infos, screenshots, teasers and what not! I want the old fridays back.

Users who are viewing this thread