Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What were the mentalities. Gibbs and Kirsten destroyed me a while back but it was due to Gibbs being either aggressive or balanced and basically he dispatched anything remotely wayward!

dunno but it was the whole team!

2nd inns more reasonable so far. I’m cursing my lower umpire skills policy just had 2 stone wall lbw turned down

Wealey

ICC Board Member
dunno but it was the whole team!

2nd inns more reasonable so far. I’m cursing my lower umpire skills policy just had 2 stone wall lbw turned down

I mean I don’t mind it if it’s rare. Maybe they spoke before hand heard your pretty shite didn’t want you getting carried away after your recent series win and wanted to get at you.. backfired but the intent was there haha!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
They knock it about and miss time stuff far more.

I have had a few shots chipped into the air on this. But the only chance of them catching it is if the fielders are set to “IN”

annoyingly I never had someone in the right place

I'll have a go on AI vs AI veteran and see if I have a nice ODI ... Can't play as have too much work to do

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Not sure about those settings with an ODI though. Don’t think it would work! Give it a go though

There is a lack of ring catches (though I think they exist) in ODI's... And I also think batsman freely smash their way for six out of trouble on the regular, so I'm interested to experiment

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Are frame rates still dreadful at night (PS4, custom stadia)?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
They knock it about and miss time stuff far more.

I have had a few shots chipped into the air on this. But the only chance of them catching it is if the fielders are set to “IN”

annoyingly I never had someone in the right place

If you had the fielding set to "IN", the scripting in the game would have still made all catches bounce short..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If you had the fielding set to "IN", the scripting in the game would have still made all catches bounce short..
I don't know about scripting, but I do think there are issues to do with general physics.

Spinners don't get a huge amount of bounce, it can be shin high on day one. I see a lot of keeper catches taken off drives. I don't recall these happening much IRL, it's usually when a batsman is playing a cross bat shot.

tosser182

Club Captain
I think BA need to look at how the AI affects the context of different match styles

Just played a T20 match and not really an enjoyable experience. All boundaries came within the powerplay period, after which I just knocked singles and doubles around, mostly in the same area, while the AI made zero adjustment to the field. All very Mechanical and predictable. Don't want to continue the scripting debate but I also won on the last ball yet again.

ODI experience is not as bad but similar. Meanwhile in Test matches I'm slogging it all over the place and finishing with a strike rate of 2 or 3 a ball.

AI field settings and dynamism needs a complete renovation in the next edition.

Users who are viewing this thread