Cricket 19 General Discussion

Are you starting new matches or reloading an existing one? Do you check that the player you want to download is actually appearing in the squad before starting a game? Are you checking the face before downloading?
Hi there thanks for the reply. I started new matches after downloading the players, like the player is in the squad by name, but the downloaded version doesn't seem to replace the visual aspect or anything of the default original. And ive checkedt face before downloading always haha.

Any solution?

What? I'm on Classic Controls and there's a World of difference when you use the Modifiers. Also the Jump and Release Timings are a lot Analogous and have a real impact on the length of the delivery.

Do you tap the modifiers or hold them down? When I get chance, I'll post a vid of me trying to use them. The length never changes for me!

Way too many edges in this game. All those catches to wkt keeper. Many other edges absolutely speeding to the boundary, probably the AI’s highest scorer. Playing hardest AI and hardest bowling at Lords.

Attachments

• C915638D-812F-45C6-890C-B3687D20713F.jpeg
    C915638D-812F-45C6-890C-B3687D20713F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
I will upload a pitch map - it’s significantly better than dbc17/ashes in that you are not seeing those distinct “lines” of 90+% of balls landing on one of a few predetermined lengths. Release timing appears to have more of an effect though it’s not the prime determinant as in dbc14

This is comfortably a better game than any of the others, though like all BA cricket games it’s also riddled with sloppy bullshit mostly around things not loading properly after a save.
That would be interesting to see, although I seem to remember having an almost identical conversation last year (with you I think) where I saw a pitch map that showed a bit more variation in Ashes than the DBC17 lines.

The variation at each length though was only a couple of inches, so largely inconsequential in terms of ball trajectory/gameplay, but made the pitch maps look nicer. If it is again significantly better as you suggest, that does sound promising... But it still seems to me that the current controls of 4 lengths (face buttons) with 2 modifiers (LB/RB) is inherently too rigid and limiting, especially if timing errors don't allow the ball to go outside of each 1/12th "zone" regardless of bowler attributes... Anyway I won't keep repeating myself, you and the regulars here already know my views on this.

I'm not trying to troll or be overly negative, I really just wish I could play a cricket game with DBC14 bowling mechanics/controls, but with all of the other improvements to batting/AI/edges/features etc that have been introduced up until Cricket 19.

I actually think there should be a hardcore bowling mode where length is entirely determined by release timing.
I am big fan of DBC14 bowling controls than Ashes Cricket, wish @BigAntStudios can introduce that as ‘Retro’ Control along with current standard and Classic

And delivery type by seam position/grip

Yeah, ideally.

The thing is, release timing is currently used to determine delivery "goodness", but I'd argue that's actually adding an unnecessary layer because the quality of a delivery can be expressed entirely in terms of location, velocity and movement.

I'd go with stick input for the jump to determine execution quality or alignment or rhythm or whatever modifiers are appropriate to the execution of the bowling action, and then on release take a read of the RS for speed as well so you're getting line / length / speed all influenced in one stick throw.

And for the full house, I'd have the run in user controlled, so you had to try and build up a good rhythm as you run in to generate pace, as well as giving the stick a good ping on release.

That's underlying design stuff though so there's no prospect of any of those changes as things currently stand, I would assume.

And delivery type by seam position/grip

Agree with you. In DBC 17, the length based on buttons was implemented to serve the more Casual gamers. But now that we have a whole Control Setup made for the Casuals I don't see why BA cannot go for a bowling control setup for the Purists.

Could you have the online play fixed please? Too many bugs to count.
Sorry mate I don't work for big ant you can send them a email lining out the online bugs from what I know online a hard thing to code and stuff like that do you play online with your mates

Users who are viewing this thread