Cricket 19 General Discussion

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Why does Star Player Career mode also have dynamic lineup?
Looks silly when the first match in the mode is CSK vs MI and the captain is Kedhar Jadhav

Because otherwise you’d be playing against the same XI every time?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Agree, but would be less immersion breaking than having a random captain for the side IMO.
Team set ups could be better in the academy.

Being able to set certain things like captain for formats in the manage squad screen would be good (not just in the line up screens) and eligibility too (T20 only, One Day only, First Class/Test only, overseas players).

D

Dutch

I do think that career mode needs some serious serious love. To think that this is the fourth iteration of career mode and a number of things don't work as they should or the balance is wrong is disheartening. I have tried playing a career but end up being utterly frustrated by a number of aspects to it. I had hoped that there would have been much more depth and consistency to career mode by this time.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do think that career mode needs some serious serious love. To think that this is the fourth iteration of career mode and a number of things don't work as they should or the balance is wrong is disheartening. I have tried playing a career but end up being utterly frustrated by a number of aspects to it. I had hoped that there would have been much more depth and consistency to career mode by this time.
Also, with your case, you like playing as a bowler don't you? That's one of the most overlooked parts of the career mode, making it count as a bowler...

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Why does Star Player Career mode also have dynamic lineup?
Looks silly when the first match in the mode is CSK vs MI and the captain is Kedhar Jadhav
Partly agree with you. I started a star player career with Hardik Pandya. MI still has Hitman as captain, while CSK has some new captain from the domestic circuit and no MSD. I think that happens because of the age of MSD, I haven't reached career end, but I think you have to retire in late 30s I presume.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
yep bowling is seriously flawed in career mode: no consistency whatsoever as to why your are bowling or not and wickets are harder to come by than anything higher than a 5 on Southend Seafront.
Agree. I have never got beyond 5 wickets. I agree in that, next iteration this should be prioritised.

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
How to change outfield pattern in non-licensed ground ? I downloaded few grounds. I could not edit outfield grass pattern in stadium editor. Also while playing in match setting i select outfield pattern to stripe, cross, vertical or even non. But i always see outfield pattern to diamond. Can anyone help ?

Trevin

Club Cricketer
I feel career mode is downgraded from ashesh cricket..no ranking system of international teams and no option to view other contries tours except yours

Yeah I agree it is a downgrade which is a shame because I personally feel like the gameplay has improved a lot. I wish I could play in the Big Bash, New Zealand T20 league, BPL and other T20 leagues but I can't in this version. Also maybe it's me but I liked seeing the overall rating when I was upgrading a skill like footwork for an example. Not sure if it's possible but hopefully later on they can add at least the BPL or Big Bash into the game even as generic teams like they did with the IPL teams.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah I agree it is a downgrade which is a shame because I personally feel like the gameplay has improved a lot. I wish I could play in the Big Bash, New Zealand T20 league, BPL and other T20 leagues but I can't in this version. Also maybe it's me but I liked seeing the overall rating when I was upgrading a skill like footwork for an example. Not sure if it's possible but hopefully later on they can add at least the BPL or Big Bash into the game even as generic teams like they did with the IPL teams.
You can play IPL, CPL, English T20 Blast, PSL. Though, yes I do miss the Big Bash!

silentuk

Club Captain
Don't think its just the lush outfield. I tried a few before ,none of which had lush and it was still slow. Someone here on another thread suggested to reduce pitch friction setting inside the stadium settings. Tried that on one stadium so far and it coincided with a much better experience, both for me batting as with good timing was able to hit boundaries, unlike before ,as well as AI, which used to really struggle esp against spin. So maybe that might help too. Still yet to test out other grounds

Just wondered if you'd tried the friction setting on other grounds. And what did you set it to? I upped the shot power to 67 and that made it feel better but would rather edit the stadiums if that's the problem.

thesweatyotter

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
In career mode don't forget, especially at higher levels, most the AI has maxed/nearly maxed fielding stats so this may influence your capabilities when it comes to sliding and diving. I forgot the name of the fielding stat, but one of them specifically mentions "ground coverage" so maybe experiment with a custom made player with some of the fielding stats increased and see if you can do it then. The AI decision making when it comes to fielding is a bit inconsistent; sometimes they decide to jump up and take a catch, slide to stop a run, etc. whereas other times they act like they're crippled, so its hard to judge exactly why they sometimes pull out superman moves. Fielding overall needs a general adjustment but I think you need higher stats to do the more impressive feats. Don't forget there's also hidden stats like agility and reaction times and these would definitely factor into fielding ability too.

Also try combining the slide/dive button with the sprint button (Both triggers on PS4) and see if that produces more desired fielding results.

UPDATE: Just tried a couple matches where I tried diving/sliding with and without sprinting added, and while sprinting, you'd think my 30 fielding rated player was Superman the way he was flying around the field. I think its the scale and pace of the game; what appears slow to you is actually going a lot faster so you need to react quicker than it seems. By the same token, what looks like something that is easily catchable or stoppable for a boundry might actually be "physically" impossible, despite visually appearing so.
Tried doing this today and have had no difference to before. Have been sprinting while trying to slide/dive and nothing has happened. My player’s fielding is only 35 rated so I wonder if that could be why, although you stated that yours was 30 rated, so I’m not sure what my problem is, appreciate your reply though so thanks for that.

thesweatyotter

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this so feel free to ignore or delete this but does anyone know how to put sunscreen on your career players face? I have seen other players in my career mode have it like Nathan Lyon but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thank you.
Go into appearance/equipment for your player, go down to where the picture of the kitbag is, and scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find zinc colour and opacity on nose,cheeks,ears and lips.

Users who are viewing this thread