Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave It was Mitchell Starc,his main fielding position is cover/midwicket which is where he was fielding and he has 4 full blocks out of 5.

this is interesting. I’ve no more than an unconfirmed theory, but the only deep catch I took was with Chris Lewis who was fast and good stats in that position. My theory being that a good fielder can “get there” but a worse one can’t. Animation again plays a part here - lack of dives, the stupid stoop, even the slide there in your video is something that nobody would do in that situation (they’d dive hands first instead of legs past the ball and slide body round)

often the default puts fairly poor fielders there.

I’ve also noticed (will respond fully to @T.J.Hooker post in suggestion thread) that AI runs aggressively too poor fielders at mid-on mid-off than to good ones.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
this is interesting. I’ve no more than an unconfirmed theory, but the only deep catch I took was with Chris Lewis who was fast and good stats in that position. My theory being that a good fielder can “get there” but a worse one can’t. Animation again plays a part here - lack of dives, the stupid stoop, even the slide there in your video is something that nobody would do in that situation (they’d dive hands first instead of legs past the ball and slide body round)

I’ve also noticed (will respond fully to @T.J.Hooker post in suggestion thread) that AI runs aggressively too poor fielders at mid-on mid-off than to good ones.

But that doesn't explain why there is a totally normal ratio of ring and outfield catches in list A cricket (even in 100 over a side matches), and virtually nothing in Test Cricket... Or am i missing something?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But that doesn't explain why there is a totally normal ratio of ring and outfield catches in list A cricket (even in 100 over a side matches), and virtually nothing in Test Cricket... Or am i missing something?

This is a total guess, but there are less slips. I believe the field placement logic fills slip and close fielders first, so by the time you’ve done that maybe best fielders gone and those positions not so good? In ODI/T20 you’ve much less close catchers.

certainly my catch was with a very defensive field, cuz I had one guy on 100+ and the guy who got out was 92 so less slips/gully etc.

AmanT94

School Cricketer
Is anyone else finding spinners very OP at the moment? even more so on lower rated spinners seem to just take the edge on anything full or yorker length almost every ball.

Has anyone tweeked the sliders and found a more balanced approach to this as at the moment Ill be against the AI in a t20 match and they be going at 9-10 and over against pace bowler and then down to 7-8 after the power play then as soon as the spinners come one can hardly hit it off the square.

D

Deleted member 193590

Some really good points here Dave. All the fielders in this test are superhuman so I'm hoping to see at least 1 more infield or outfield catch,but I also think batting plays a big part in it as well because the batsmen just never seem to mistime their shots enough.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
This is a total guess, but there are less slips. I believe the field placement logic fills slip and close fielders first, so by the time you’ve done that maybe best fielders gone and those positions not so good? In ODI/T20 you’ve much less close catchers.

certainly my catch was with a very defensive field, cuz I had one guy on 100+ and the guy who got out was 92 so less slips/gully etc.

Okay, so I will AI vs AI a test match (yes, yes, yes I know, but I'm busy working and talking on here) with max field skills and see what happens.

I'm not sure how I feel about having all fielders being the same if this works, but we'll cross that bridge...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Is anyone else finding spinners very OP at the moment? even more so on lower rated spinners seem to just take the edge on anything full or yorker length almost every ball.

Has anyone tweeked the sliders and found a more balanced approach to this as at the moment Ill be against the AI in a t20 match and they be going at 9-10 and over against pace bowler and then down to 7-8 after the power play then as soon as the spinners come one can hardly hit it off the square.

Yeah, it's infuriating... I find that making sure you get your foot forward and to the offside a bit, and to get across your stumps to the pitch of the ball helps.

Reactions: DAP

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay, so I will AI vs AI a test match (yes, yes, yes I know, but I'm busy working and talking on here) with max field skills and see what happens.

I'm not sure how I feel about having all fielders being the same if this works, but we'll cross that bridge...

well if it works I don’t think you’d have to have all fielders the same (maybe you would for AI v AI) but it would be an issue of understanding your team fielder strengths and manually placing people accordingly

AmanT94

School Cricketer
Yeah, it's infuriating... I find that making sure you get your foot forward and to the offside a bit, and to get across your stumps to the pitch of the ball helps.

Yeah thats what I do also when im batting. But I was actually referring to when I'm bowling as a spinner i find them too over powered

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

so I won’t know until my next tour but I’ve set up my next opponents to all have one of the 2 (bronze/sliver) vs spin perks, and footwork perks, hopefully that helps but the pitch matters too.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
well if it works I don’t think you’d have to have all fielders the same (maybe you would for AI v AI) but it would be an issue of understanding your team fielder strengths and manually placing people accordingly

I've always thought fielders I used were pretty highly skilled, it's not a facet of the game I take a huge interest in.

Maybe fielders are generally underskilled, like the batsmen are overskilled? Let's find out...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've no idea what's going on in this game I'm playing.

I'm on Veteran, got the AI run rate at 40.

Still there going at 4.35, taking crazy singles and Gooch just launched me over deep midwicket. 87/2 after 20.

At this point I figure, as this happens to me 9/10 (veteran or legend), it must either be my bowling (I bowl a lot of Good not Perfect balls).

Robin Smith has just aggressive shotted one through cover too.

And the next over another aggressive shot, edged over 5th slip region.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've always thought fielders I used were pretty highly skilled, it's not a facet of the game I take a huge interest in.

Maybe fielders are generally underskilled, like the batsmen are overskilled? Let's find out...

make sure it’s not just the generic skills, but the actual position?

Users who are viewing this thread