Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well the problem is not spending 60 dollars. Problem is big ant gives a game which is very close to what we want and then break it again in name of patching then leave it at it.

Cricket 19 still has the falling keeper big which is not rectified after 4 years of release.

Cricket 22 before last few patches, the bowler would run to get the ball which is near him than jogging which is currently done.

Some of the new shots that were there in the game at the time of release is not there in the game now.

They launch big ant league after months of release. Yet their rules and logics allow unfair players to get away with a small penalty point but win the game.

Thing they can really do better and give us a better experience if they want. They choose not because people like me ( earlier me who used to fight with strangers and supporting big ant on how committed they were to release a game during pandemic. That they deserve a lot more credit than the abuses they are getting. Eventually got blocked by cry baby Ross for asking a simple question) and people like you who paint the picture that it's okay to take whatever $hit they give us and not question about it.

Yet again you're assuming things as I'm painting nothing here. My own stance of not buying the game and not giving them an uptick in products sold plus revenue is more hurtful to their company and has a greater chance of effecting a change than your stance of buying the game and then proceeding to let it make you feel bad. I'm seeing a similar trend in other sports franchise games and every single one of them has some of their core fanbase come to the same conclusion that not buying the product until it is fixed is the best. Unlike in FIFA or FM where there's a significant portion who will buy the game regardless... I do believe that this game's sales will be at least marginally hurt if people who are genuinely dissatisfied with the previous releases refuse to buy the latest iteration. It won't be highly significant but it will be noticeable enough and will push the likes of Ross (funny how similar he is to Miles Jacobsen of FM fame) to focus on what everyone wants.

I also don't buy the theory of the developers actively choosing to make the game worse or refusing to make the game as good as they could because they derive sadistic pleasure from watching everyone here moan. Game development is a tough gig that isn't as well paid compared to other industries the folks could be in so a lot of who remain are passionate about their work usually and from what some of the old timers who were involved in the game testing process in the past have said these developers do care a lot about the sport and the game. I simply don't think it's easy to work on their current engine and that is the result of the numerous bugs. I also don't think it's healthy for your (or anyone else's for that matter) sake to be arguing with internet strangers for any game series made by people you don't know at all or to invest your own personal emotions into the game series as so many seem to have done in the past. See it for what it is, a game that you'll buy if it's good like @Skankhunt_42 says and avoid if it's yet again poorly made. If I could stay away from buying multiple football games in the last 2-3 years (that aren't even bad!) despite being a massive football fan and someone who engages with the sport actively due to me not wanting to support their scummy game practices I'm sure anyone can avoid anything that makes them feel worse.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Yet again you're assuming things as I'm painting nothing here. My own stance of not buying the game and not giving them an uptick in products sold plus revenue is more hurtful to their company and has a greater chance of effecting a change than your stance of buying the game and then proceeding to let it make you feel bad. I'm seeing a similar trend in other sports franchise games and every single one of them has some of their core fanbase come to the same conclusion that not buying the product until it is fixed is the best. Unlike in FIFA or FM where there's a significant portion who will buy the game regardless... I do believe that this game's sales will be at least marginally hurt if people who are genuinely dissatisfied with the previous releases refuse to buy the latest iteration. It won't be highly significant but it will be noticeable enough and will push the likes of Ross (funny how similar he is to Miles Jacobsen of FM fame) to focus on what everyone wants.

I also don't buy the theory of the developers actively choosing to make the game worse or refusing to make the game as good as they could because they derive sadistic pleasure from watching everyone here moan. Game development is a tough gig that isn't as well paid compared to other industries the folks could be in so a lot of who remain are passionate about their work usually and from what some of the old timers who were involved in the game testing process in the past have said these developers do care a lot about the sport and the game. I simply don't think it's easy to work on their current engine and that is the result of the numerous bugs. I also don't think it's healthy for your (or anyone else's for that matter) sake to be arguing with internet strangers for any game series made by people you don't know at all or to invest your own personal emotions into the game series as so many seem to have done in the past. See it for what it is, a game that you'll buy if it's good like @Skankhunt_42 says and avoid if it's yet again poorly made. If I could stay away from buying multiple football games in the last 2-3 years (that aren't even bad!) despite being a massive football fan and someone who engages with the sport actively due to me not wanting to support their scummy game practices I'm sure anyone can avoid anything that makes them feel worse.
Got you, I'm not going to buy this iteration of the game till I'm sure they are giving a finished product.

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
developers actively choosing to make the game worse or refusing to make the game as good as they could because they derive sadistic pleasure from watching everyone here moan
Best thing I read over the internet today :lol
Penned down everything that I feel and intended to express.. :thumbs
Post automatically merged:

At least.
Let's get on board to the guessing game... Is licensed WIPL lurking somewhere? :p

Users who are viewing this thread