Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Only 4 days remain, and there is still no update. I haven't seen a single gaming studio in my entire life that treats their fans like Big Ant is treating us. I haven't seen such a dumb marketing way to market a game when only 4 days are remaining and we still don't know about the game..

Treating you like what? They owe you nothing.

In fact literally two pages back - Matt explained the approach and the idea behind their strategy. I like how the minute you can't see that post the conversation has gone back to the usual rubbish that lasted 169 pages.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
A lot of games that people will be comparing to do large pre-order driven campaigns, trying to get a big headline day one figure to top the sales charts - but when you're looking at a title that is intended to sell right through from launch, to key tournaments in the new year and then to the next English summer, the way you structure the marketing is different, the biggest push is saved for when you can action 'available now' rather than 'preorder today'.

So while I know everyone on a forum like this would want huge amounts of info, getting the attention of the wider public is tough - so it's focused, short and sharp in this lead up week and beyond. That includes maximising the marketing value of detailing features, licenses, etc - for example by being answered in a press interview or specific announcement video rather than by forum post.

I'm certainly not saying "buy the game and you'll find out" - but making two separate points, one of a shorter campaign near release maximising the benefit that a marketing campaign can do in terms of achieving lifetime sales rather than pre-launch "hype", and that for the audience of people reading a forum like this, even once all that marketing pushes out, I'm sure there will be the healthy amount of scepticism with what is said in marketing, which is where that feedback from the community ends up driving most of the purchasing decisions from those here.
This post for reference.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My guess is we'll see something today!

Putting something out on a weekly holiday would be quite something unusual.

Then again, everything has been unusual with this game.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@tampad. U got the game as u said 1st or 2nd ull get it

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Well, so a glorified license upgrade of c22 with more cashgrabbing garbage... explains no trailer out yet.

This photo stinks though. Looks like photoshopped over fifa cards. But maybe it's authentic... don't care anymore
Have no clue if it's legit or not!

Harigoks

County Cricketer
totaly fake.. #wasteyouryouth1 can you please send him to mars ..:laughter:
CPL is licensed. Barbados Royals is in CPL. It's their official X handle. Hardly anyone noticed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-01-11-46-11-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-01-11-46-11-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread