Cricket 24 - General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I actually liked it, small glimpses of the IPL teams along with international teams, was fun. I am eager to see the new black overlay (the AUS home season overlay).

As someone who has just entered marketing as a career, this is good enough teaser for a lot of the market to like. As Matt said, PC Forums are only one part of the buyers for the game.
Seems like this is absolutely true, while the forums today are very critical, the replies to the post on social media are generally very positive.

So, in the end, explains their strategy a lot.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For me the jury is still out until I see some genuine gameplay but the fact that they are talking about in my eyes superficial features rather than depth and innovation is not a good sign. A developer is usually keen to show off exciting new features.......if they have them. But if your demographic is 12 year olds who couldnt give a shit what a cricket shot looks like as long as he/she can be " their hero" then thats what you are going to get.

Warner himself called out the fact that he was wearing an arm guard and shadow batting right handed at the launch of the last game: I quote " if you are going to do it, let's do it right!"

Meh maybe the jury has just returned its verdict after all...

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seems like this is absolutely true, while the forums today are very critical, the replies to the post on social media are generally very positive.

Calling it a dev diary then seems weird. A dev diary is meant for the more hardcore fanbase.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

I don’t see a lot of positive comments on twitter.

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
One thing i wished i would not see in the new games was this diamond pattern outfield. I mean no way. Enough of this diamond pattern. This makes game look same and same and same.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.22.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.22.34 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 57

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I am looking forward to " The Making Of The Dev Dairy", an in-depth look behind the scenes as we see how the new intern is given the task of coming up with something in five minutes......

Yes I am cynical and frustrated and just wish there was more competition driving cricket game innovation. Luckily there are some top-notch (sport) games out there.

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
I see players overall look muct detailed and improved like Fifa players but build of the character is same and generic.
I saw Shaw and Warner of same height.
i saw Rohit Sharma is tall and fit
Same animations, same warm ups, same stretching...

Now only hoping for something good to make game exciting is....
- New added commentators with new audios ( surely they will have same clips being used again from old commentators)
- New broadcating camers ( specially you during ball go

Users who are viewing this thread