3. Caught and bowled
4. Rocket edges
5. OP spinners
6. Fielding on boundary with the option to dive and tap the ball back
7. Dynamic weather
8. Collision detection
9. Better AI fielding strategies
10. More variety of wickets
11. No more zombie bowler and fielders when the ball is hit straight at them.
12. Catching mini game

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When games don't show gameplay pre-release, it's a massive red flag.

When games, films and TV aren't given to reviewers pre-release, it's a massive red flag.

A delayed game, and they're still not confident enough in its gameplay to show it pre-release. They'll be hoping to distract many with the licenses whilst they hash together gameplay improvements. But, as is tradition now, they'll only go so far and will leave it in an average state after a few months.

It ultimately boils down to this simple fact. No matter how they try to spin it as an alternative revolutionary marketing strategy or how much others are blamed for being critical or having too much expectations, it’ll all come down to this being a massive red flag.

But then again you have people in this thread who are willing to buy the game again even if they dislike it and put in hundreds of hours so does it ultimately matter?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It ultimately boils down to this simple fact. No matter how they try to spin it as an alternative revolutionary marketing strategy or how much others are blamed for being critical or having too much expectations, it’ll all come down to this being a massive red flag.

But then again you have people in this thread who are willing to buy the game again even if they dislike it and put in hundreds of hours so does it ultimately matter?

I mean it definitely does. I was super active on the forums for DBC14 but I haven't bought a cricket game since 2017 (which I think was Ashes) and I won't be buying 24 unless I see post release that it's of high quality.

With them timing the release around the World Cup it's definitely a sink or swim result, they will get higher sales due to cricket being in the public eye but if the game is lacklustre then that's the rep you get and will be near impossible to fix, people still think of No Man's Sky as broken when it was fixed years ago, Cyberpunk will always be remembered as a joke even though I think it's also been fixed (although I don't even know if that's true).

Sure a game like FIFA has it's problems and issue but the difference is it's still an objectively high quality game that millions are reliant upon for entertainment, it's embedded in a lot of people's culture (I've got friends who'll never watch a football match IRL but love playing FIFA with friends). Big Ant don't have that foothold and never will unless this game is actually good, which seems unlikely.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
image.png

Regarding the score card design, I am hoping this is going to be the standard score design for Cricket 24. If you guys have noticed, the back ground UI (images below) also has the same colour combination of Dark and light green just like the scorecard above.

Untitled design (2).pngUntitled design (1).png

KasunD95

School Cricketer
Few more bowling actions, batting styles, tail Enders batting like how that normally bat and a powerful ai who can beat me would be my wish list. Rest I don't really care

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Few more bowling actions, batting styles, tail Enders batting like how that normally bat and a powerful ai who can beat me would be my wish list. Rest I don't really care
These are pretty high level stuff. I just hope we can get at least one batter caught at first slip while bowling and AI batsman not leave the last ball of the super over to the keeper.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
For years I defended Big Ant to the hilt. But after the disaster that has been AFL 23, and the overt red flags of not releasing any game information until the week of release, there is a 0% chance they’ll be getting anymore money out of me.

The inability to deliver a minimum viable product for AFL 23, and 6+ months later still not delivering on advertised game modes, should give everyone a reasonable insight into what to expect moving forward.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I mean it definitely does. I was super active on the forums for DBC14 but I haven't bought a cricket game since 2017 (which I think was Ashes) and I won't be buying 24 unless I see post release that it's of high quality.

With them timing the release around the World Cup it's definitely a sink or swim result, they will get higher sales due to cricket being in the public eye but if the game is lacklustre then that's the rep you get and will be near impossible to fix, people still think of No Man's Sky as broken when it was fixed years ago, Cyberpunk will always be remembered as a joke even though I think it's also been fixed (although I don't even know if that's true).

Sure a game like FIFA has it's problems and issue but the difference is it's still an objectively high quality game that millions are reliant upon for entertainment, it's embedded in a lot of people's culture (I've got friends who'll never watch a football match IRL but love playing FIFA with friends). Big Ant don't have that foothold and never will unless this game is actually good, which seems unlikely.

Whoa, haven't seen a post from you in a long time.

Agree with everything you've said and I've repeated a few of them in some of my own posts mired in the multiple pages of this thread.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
The first batch of screenshots are released on geekay game’s website if you want to see , it wasn’t there till yesterday, you can google it

Users who are viewing this thread