Cricket 24 - General Discussion

There might not be another iteration is what I feel. Let's hope they come with a very decent title next time.
Why not release it first for early access? EndNight Games have done well with that approach with The forest/Sons of the forest. No Big Ant rather keep a rubbish game under wraps until the day of release

Even as mainstream a review as The Times on gives it a 3 out of 5 due to lack of polish, crap animations
Improved audio balance and sound effects, including improved shot sounds

Can someone who has the game test and see what this "change" has actually done, @blockerdave maybe one for you given your disgruntlements with the sound?
yeah i'll play tonight and let you know

any update on the patch on ps5?

Why not release it first for early access? EndNight Games have done well with that approach with The forest/Sons of the forest. No Big Ant rather keep a rubbish game under wraps until the day of release
I don't mind doing that. One can always preorder the game and play the early version and update the issues to the devs. Probably a month before the release should also do. But BAS can't do that due to Licensing crap, thinking it would attract more users

I don't mind doing that. One can always preorder the game and play the early version and update the issues to the devs. Probably a month before the release should also do. But BAS can't do that due to Licensing crap, thinking it would attract more users
And then, ironically, when the game is released, the licenses are all messed up anyway!

Apparently some of the new shots like straightvdrive , lofted straight drive , cut shot and scoop shot all not working according to someone on twitter post new patch. I have not played the game yet as I am on the fence

does a defensive shot still get counted as a 4.Thats a tactic i might need to use at some point lol.I don't think i have ever played one in all the iterations of the game.Whilst i am enjoying the game with the small amount of time i have had most of the criticisms are fair.I have been moaning about context in the commentary since the first game .I often play as star player rather than team and it would just start the next innings at least now it shows the end of the innings and says much the team got.I think as the games have become more technical there is more that can go wrong.Madden and forza on Pc have both had optimization issues and these are the 2 biggest companies so big ant have no chance so it will always be this cycle.How many they need to sell to break even would be interesting to know.

G

Gollum got 4 from IGN, AFL was not reviewed. So they might have thought it is better than Gollum and gave 5
There are multiple reviewers at IGN with different opinions on games. You can't compare IGN's reviews like this.
That dissonance between the score and the review content is because the authors never hand out the final score as far as I know.

It’s also why it’s usually recommended to read the review in full rather than have a glance at the final score and decide. Reckon we might have had 4 or even 3 given to this one if the author gave the score (another reason why someone like ACG’s reviews work because he does the entire thing himself).
IGN reviewers give the scores

There are multiple reviewers at IGN with different opinions on games. You can't compare IGN's reviews like this.

IGN reviewers give the scores

Fair enough, didn’t know that IGN allowed that.

Played 50 overs of a test match after Steam update. Sound effects of bat on ball still crappy. Spinners take all the wickets, and also lots of edges from spinners goes to the boundary. Replays are so annoying with the Cricket 24 screen after every boundary. Oh and the crab like side movement from fielders are still there.

I think reviewing things in an update that haven't remotely been mentioned in the notes is going to only bring disappointment haha

Users who are viewing this thread