Cricket 24 - General Discussion

k121

School Cricketer
Anyone know why India/Bangladesh/SriLanka/Afghanistan uniforms are not showing up even wehn i download the teams from the community?

TommoN

Club Captain
Does anyone know why the Xbox patch hasn’t been released yet?

(Also: anyone who’s started a career mode after the patch - does your player still start at 16 rated?)

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay so it appears that on Xbox the game is completely unplayable. Just bought it and it feels like Ashes Cricket 2013. An absolute disgrace that the game was allowed to be released and sold in this state. The audio is horrific, the fielders don't move, the batter slides towards the leg side every ball, and the shot animations feel clunky. This is by far and away the worst BA cricket game I have played at launch. Shameful, and still no word from MattW who promised so much.
I have it on Xbox and game play wise I haven't come across any of the ground breaking bugs, the game play has been quite smooth. My only gripe is I have had to play in play now or created tour to play. Any of the competitions I can't change teams and bring in say wastes Pakistan to have real life resemblance it just reverts to the licensed Pakistan. If I create a custom world cup the game just crashes back to main screen. I understand it is not patched yet but I have sank a bit of time into this and I can safely vouch that the game play is no where near as bad as some are saying.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
All the talk of DBC14 makes me want to try it with Francos tweaks. What's the cheapest place to pick it up on PC does anyone know?

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have it on Xbox and game play wise I haven't come across any of the ground breaking bugs, the game play has been quite smooth. My only gripe is I have had to play in play now or created tour to play. Any of the competitions I can't change teams and bring in say wastes Pakistan to have real life resemblance it just reverts to the licensed Pakistan. If I create a custom world cup the game just crashes back to main screen. I understand it is not patched yet but I have sank a bit of time into this and I can safely vouch that the game play is no where near as bad as some are saying.
Seriously? On Xbox One and only played career mode, but it plays so bad that I won't play it again until its patched. The fielding is so, so poor despite the promised overhaul, the audio is something that belongs in a 90s arcade cricket game and I would love for someone to explain why a club level batsman isn't able to hit the ball off the square and starts so poorly rated compared to other players? The other platforms have had the patch so may be a bit better, but as of now Xbox is unplayable.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just watching your videos @Rahul_Rants i didn’t even know there was new bowling actions added for 24 what number is Akhtar in selections ? Harbhajan looks decent aswell has any of these even been mentioned by BA or do users just have to stumble upon them
It is not mentioned. I just went through them.
We have 3 new actions.
Shoaib Akhtar 18
Harbhajan 08
Muralitharan 07
Was hoping to have more current actions though...

cricboi

Club Captain
Does C24 allow the batter to be bowled when leaving the ball? Always used to frustrate me with C22 that the batter never made an error when deciding to leave. It made bowling surprise cutters or inswingers on off stump rather pointless.
I know it's such a simple thing but something like that would be enough for me to buy it. I love bowling in the game more than anything (hence why fielding is so important to me) and so having that option would be a dream.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
It was an impulse buy on release day. I figured it couldn't be worse that how C22 was on release day and I feel I was right about it. Still unfortunate to see big ant is releasing games in this status. I haven't gotten the first patch yet in USA so still waiting to see what that will fix or break.

1. Audio as everyone mentioned is terrible. I don't have commentary on and I almost want to turn it on now. I used to play c22 with commentary off too and I enjoyed the ambient sound in C22. But this one is absolutely terrible.

2. What's going on with all the licensed faces ? They look nothing like what big ant shared in the promotional pictures. Just overall looks very cartoonish. Is it the lighting ? It's just disappointing to see this after all these years they almost seem to be regressing in player models and likeness.

3. Fielding is annoying with the weird side steps as if they can't judge the ball's direction or speed.

4. Had a nice moment in an odi where I had a feather inside edged to the pad and the umpire gave it out. I wanted to review but didn't have any reviews left. Confirmed it was an inside edge from hotspot.

5. I like the batting shot and bowling animations. Much more fluid than it ever was before.

6. Wish the fire things going off would have a delay for wickets. It looks stupid. Carried over from c22.

7. Advance down the wicket intention is given away by the batsman but holding the bat up. What's up with that ? Would be annoying during coop sessions. This was there in C22 also.

8. No animations for batsman getting hit on the body ? I could swear this was in dbc14. What happened there ?

9. Just a lot of weird collision related bugs like skin sticking out of beard, hair sticking out over caps and helmets/ fielders walking through stumps or other players. Just sad to see these sort of bugs in a game released today.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can only assume that many in this thread don’t have GamePass since this one will inevitably end up there soon enough.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey, has anyone else heard about a possible class action against Big Ant? I heard a tiny bit about it on the radio the other day (possibly Saturday) but I've found absolutely nothing about it on Google. Makes me think the radio announcers might have been joking about it but it sounded real. I don't know what the station was as I was at the green grocers and they had it on. I also didn't catch the first part of the discussion, only the end.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I can only assume that many in this thread don’t have GamePass since this one will inevitably end up there soon enough.
I ll play this when it comes on Gamepass. That is how I play C22.

Users who are viewing this thread