Cricket 24 - General Discussion

USA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Game is getting good. So a thumbs up to BA on that.
Movement of players still a bit robotic. Especially on close up shots. Definite improvement needed here. Perhaps cannot be done in this edition.
Couple of things that need fixing in the next patch:
  • Throwing accuracy of the fielders. They are too accurate. Throwing down the stumps for almost everything. Fine leg is hitting the stumps at the non striker's end with wonderful accuracy!
  • Sliding of fielders. They slide even when the ball is hit right to them. The bowler slides in follow through to pick up the ball that is defended back.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
If PSL is licensed, why don't we have the correct uniforms for the teams? I know PK faces are going to be scanned when they visit australia, any word on when / if we'll expect the correct kits for PSL?
Post automatically merged:

Online play has been good so far, wish they would add 2 v 2 though
You could download the teams as custom teams and create your own PSL league I’ve had to do that with IPL

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Had some excellent stumpings in career mode with my spinner amazing what a proper WK can do for the game all looks so natural and not scripted now Lovely stuff really enjoying playing I now realise how bored I was playing C22

Ricky14

County Cricketer
These 2 videos..
1. What a shot by Rohit and in replay it looks so good.
2. Love this dismissal!

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
These 2 videos..
1. What a shot by Rohit and in replay it looks so good.
2. Love this dismissal!
why do the pitch textures look so bland and simple,almost a lower lod version in some cases... they really need to do something about the bland pitch visuals,dbc 14 was so much more detailed as far as pitches went.

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Glad to hear everyone is now enjoying the game. Just a huge shame it is such a mess on Xbox One, still with awful visuals and graphics, plus gameplay glitches. At least I'm in the process of a refund now which I guess will contribute to buying a next gen console

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
why is there no perk systemn in this game like 22?? all players play very similarly!! no differentiation.
they really need to consider a return on perk system!! and make it even better!
Please bring the perk system to differentiate among the players.

anyone else missing it?

Hester

County Cricketer
Why is dharamshala in the game listed as West Oval? And why are all the pitch adverts Jordz on licensed stadiums?

Edit: It looks nothing like dharamshala anyway apart from the mountains

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Why is dharamshala in the game listed as West Oval? And why are all the pitch adverts Jordz on licensed stadiums?

even the mpountains look nothing like the real location.They should do some work on it.
One of the best looking backgrounds for a stadium deserves more love.

Hester

County Cricketer
even the mpountains look nothing like the real location.They should do some work on it.
One of the best looking backgrounds for a stadium deserves more love.
I agree. Even the actual stadium is wrong though. It's nothing like it.
Maybe they just needed the actual license but couldn't get it so just created a version themselves.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England

I'm pretty sure it's called West Oval because it's not actually a licenced ground. I think it's been in the game since DBC 14. I can't recall 100%, but I think it was listed as an Indian ground in Cricket 22 as well, so I assume it's just a carryover from that.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Possibly more ‘academy’ related, but I thought it’s worth posting it here as it suggests there could be more ‘restrictions’ coming our way
View attachment 285983
I made this comment in your other thread in the Academy Creations, but I thought it was also worth sharing it here too.

They should at least update some of the licensed players who still use their old licensed bat sponsors to generic bats, so we can update them with more up-to-date bats. Devon Conway is still using a GM bat in game. Jason Roy uses a CA bat now, but in-game, he still uses a New Balance bat.

Also, with regards to shot variation from the latest patch, I found that Style 5 has new backfoot shots. I was playing as England in a World Cup finals match against Australia. Was batting as Harry Brook and noticed a lot of new shots on the backfoot for him that I didn't see in Cricket 22.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm going a bit off topic but I really need help.
One of my cousins recently bought cricket 24 through steam and suddenly after 2 weeks of playing it, steam blocked the game saying that the payment provider has revoked your payment so once they unblock your payment game will be back in your library.
My cousin has already talked with the bank(payment provider) and they are saying no payment has been blocked by them.
Now he can't play the game and the money is also not being refunded.

Attachments

• IMG-20231102-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20231102-WA0011.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20231102-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20231102-WA0013.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20231102-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20231102-WA0012.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20231102-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20231102-WA0014.jpg