Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Are there 90s teams available? I tried to search few days back but kept returning no results - I find the search functionality in the community weird, ie 'Team Name starts with' - how do I search for all 90s teams?
I have done about six 90s international teams and you can find them by searching Country first then 90's, like Australia 90's, New Zealand 90's, Pakistan 90's, England 90's, India 90's & South Africa 90's.

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Found another bug. Game crashes if a created player on an AI team bowls :facepalm
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

There goes my interest in playing until/if BA fixes this

Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am getting frequent CTDs whenever I try and download Waste's teams from the academy. Any ideas? India and Pakistan, have tried with and without logos.
Happens to me too since two days ago. Managed to download 2 teams from Waste but kept crashing afterwards

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Found another bug. Game crashes if a created player on an AI team bowls :facepalm
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

There goes my interest in playing until/if BA fixes this
Happened with me with rehan Ahmed although he was about to bowl for me that was many patches ago though not had one since

jmarcf

Club Captain
Have had dozens of created players used by the AI and bowl without any crashes.
Yeah not sure what is happening. I just created another player and its working but none of my previous ones are
Post automatically merged:

Happened with me with rehan Ahmed although he was about to bowl for me that was many patches ago though not had one since
Same just as they are about to bowl. This is a new career mode so no idea

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Yeah not sure what is happening. I just created another player and its working but none of my previous ones are
Could be related to any one of dozens of factors, particular player attributes, something about the design of the created player, a playface gone wrong or many other possibilities, like a particular created ground. Hopefully you can find common details between two or more separate crashes as that could help.

jmarcf

Club Captain
Yeah going to have a play around. God batting is easy when using proper batsmen :grinning:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
How to enjoy you career mode better as a batsman. (if you are someone playing on hard)

I've been trying different settings to bring in more meaning and feel to the career mode. Sharing my tweaks which may or may not work for you.

1. Create a lot more fielding presets. Specially in the areas where you score most of your runs. There would be 1 or 2 points where you score your bulk of the runs. create plenty of fielding sets and allow AI to use those fields. from the next match own wards you feel that scoring runs isn't easy as before.

2. Remove the ball marker display and ball length display. use only the pitch marker display. This will actually make you watch the ball than just going by the instincts of the colour to play your shot which is slightly challenging. At times the pitch marker display comes in a little late which gives a lot more play and misses and adds another flavour to the challenge.

First ClassTestList AODI'sT20T20I's
Pace bowling maximum speed
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
Pace bowling minimum speed
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
Foot placement difficulties
70​
75​
65​
70​
60​
65​
Shot force
35​
30​
40​
35​
45​
40​
Shot timing difficulties
60​
65​
55​
60​
50​
55​
Bowl Quality Influence
85​
90​
85​
90​
85​
90​
Play and miss - input influence
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
Pace bowling Swing
70​
75​
60​
65​
50​
55​
Spin bowling revolutions
55​
60​
45​
50​
35​
40​
base difficultyveteranveteranveteranveteranveteranveteran
timing
85​
90​
80​
85​
75​
80​
wicket chance
30​
25​
50​
45​
70​
65​
Bowl Quality
85​
90​
80​
85​
75​
80​
Run rate
18​
20​
36​
40​
46​
50​

have different modes for each format and set it up once and change it per match accordingly. I do also use different sliders when my opposition is batting.

If England is batting in a test match they have a separate slider vs Bangladesh or South Africa.

if you want every match to be different bring multiple sliders into play and enjoy.

I do also use a excel sheet tracking my Indvidual player stats and its connected to a power BI dashboard which gives me a satisfaction of being given inputs by the coach to play better next time. It tracks how my batsman was out, what was my overall contribution to the team score, how many matches my team won, etc etc.

I know its too much hard work and most of you just wants to play. Try it out if you want, I am certainly have a better sense of the career mode with this, not sure others would feel the same. Hope it helps atleast one person.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How to enjoy you career mode better as a batsman. (if you are someone playing on hard)

I've been trying different settings to bring in more meaning and feel to the career mode. Sharing my tweaks which may or may not work for you.

1. Create a lot more fielding presets. Specially in the areas where you score most of your runs. There would be 1 or 2 points where you score your bulk of the runs. create plenty of fielding sets and allow AI to use those fields. from the next match own wards you feel that scoring runs isn't easy as before.

2. Remove the ball marker display and ball length display. use only the pitch marker display. This will actually make you watch the ball than just going by the instincts of the colour to play your shot which is slightly challenging. At times the pitch marker display comes in a little late which gives a lot more play and misses and adds another flavour to the challenge.

70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
75​
65​
70​
60​
65​
Shot force
35​
30​
40​
35​
45​
40​
Shot timing difficulties
60​
65​
55​
60​
50​
55​
Bowl Quality Influence
85​
90​
85​
90​
85​
90​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
Pace bowling Swing
70​
75​
60​
65​
50​
55​
Spin bowling revolutions
55​
60​
45​
50​
35​
40​
timing
85​
90​
80​
85​
75​
80​
wicket chance
30​
25​
50​
45​
70​
65​
Bowl Quality
85​
90​
80​
85​
75​
80​
Run rate
18​
20​
36​
40​
46​
50​

have different modes for each format and set it up once and change it per match accordingly. I do also use different sliders when my opposition is batting.

If England is batting in a test match they have a separate slider vs Bangladesh or South Africa.

if you want every match to be different bring multiple sliders into play and enjoy.

I do also use a excel sheet tracking my Indvidual player stats and its connected to a power BI dashboard which gives me a satisfaction of being given inputs by the coach to play better next time. It tracks how my batsman was out, what was my overall contribution to the team score, how many matches my team won, etc etc.

I know its too much hard work and most of you just wants to play. Try it out if you want, I am certainly have a better sense of the career mode with this, not sure others would feel the same. Hope it helps atleast one person.
Or just remove the pitch marker, that's quicker and easier.

sashu_91

County Cricketer

70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
80​
70​
75​
65​
70​
60​
65​
Shot force
35​
30​
40​
35​
45​
40​
Shot timing difficulties
60​
65​
55​
60​
50​
55​
Bowl Quality Influence
85​
90​
85​
90​
85​
90​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
Pace bowling Swing
70​
75​
60​
65​
50​
55​
Spin bowling revolutions
55​
60​
45​
50​
35​
40​
timing
85​
90​
80​
85​
75​
80​
wicket chance
30​
25​
50​
45​
70​
65​
Bowl Quality
85​
90​
80​
85​
75​
80​
Run rate
18​
20​
36​
40​
46​
50​

Remove pitch marker, it will be even more rewarding to score than if you don't premeditate

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Remove pitch marker, it will be even more rewarding to score than if you don't premeditate
I haven't been playing with the pitch marker since DB14 but I must admit that it leads to premeditated shots (and misses).

I will however never manipulate the crease to create scoring areas.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I haven't been playing with the pitch marker since DB14 but I must admit that it leads to premeditated shots (and misses).

I will however never manipulate the crease to create scoring areas.
I’ve tried without marker love it when there’s nothing on the screen except bat and ball but was finding it so hard any tips for a struggling player

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
so i have made the smal clip and replied to bigant hope they will fix this shot now !! here is the video all u can see where i want to play where it going !

I could give you some layman's feedback.

1st - your footwork is not ideal (I'm unsure whether that should impact direction, if that's what is happening. It also seems to deviate off a crack)
2nd - your timing is early (the ball shouldn't be going where you want it to and it's a yorker, early timing could probably lead to a miss)
3rd - your timing is good (see above)

Users who are viewing this thread