Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

yah i agree :)

what i'm trying to say is it's easy to slog a six than playing a cover drive in this game.

if ground shots are difficult to play, players are gonna slog everything :)

keep the ball down isn't the problem.

I guess all I can say is wait and see what happens if you try to slog every ball :)

i feel you have to play the aggressive ground shot a little earlier than the standard shot, also has a higher risk of an edge i think as well.

you mean ground shots has a higher risk than slogs ??? :eek: Well, in real life it's otherway:lol

you mean ground shots has a higher risk than slogs ??? :eek: Well, in real life it's otherway:lol

It is harder to play like Bradman and consistently keep the ball down, if you can keep the ball down you have no risk at all. JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE.

Last edited:
I guess all I can say is wait and see what happens if you try to slog every ball :)

i'll bet it's easier than playing a cover drive to leg spinner ;)

since you said it's too late to change controls, i'll stop whining now :D

just hope you'll change game's most using shot's controls to little bit easier controls in your next game :thumbs

There would have to be a backlash and *obvious* need for change, even for future versions.

It is harder to play like Bradman and consistently keep the ball down, if you can keep the ball down you have no risk at all. JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE.

this is nothing to do with keep the ball down. in cricket match we mostly play ground shots. because of that i think controls of ground shots should be easier to handle. you can 'time' better when you are dealing with 2 buttons instead of 4.

with current controls you can time a slog or block better than a ground shot. :(

...where are you getting 4 buttons from?

Its two triggers to play agressively along the ground. And even then, compare that to one trigger for an agressive lofted shot. You're fingers should naturally be on those triggers anyway...it couldn't be anymore intuitive

this is nothing to do with keep the ball down. in cricket match we mostly play ground shots. because of that i think controls of ground shots should be easier to handle. you can 'time' better when you are dealing with 2 buttons instead of 4.

with current controls you can time a slog or block better than a ground shot. :(

Four buttons? Are you using an Xbox controller or equivalent?

I would say you're not playing it "right" if you believe four buttons need to be pressed.

It's calculated as bat meets ball.

It's small comments like this that make me go...
8w0.gif

I cannot wait for this game to be in my hands.

Four buttons? Are you using an Xbox controller or equivalent?

I would say you're not playing it "right" if you believe four buttons need to be pressed.

not literally 4 buttons. Foot cntl, shot selection and 2 buttons.
And for a slog 1 button.

In current version we can play slog or ground shots (according to ball type ) by just using foot cntrl and shot selection. All im saying is change these to only play ground shots.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Last edited:
You're talking absolute rubbish.

You can hit the ball in the air without any triggers - quite often the result of poor timing or footwork. It is not, by any means, a 'slog'. Why would they include the trigger shot if you could do it already without the trigger...

It is all totally down to timing. Heck, even a ground aggressive shot is no guarantee of getting a shot on the ground if your timing or judging of line is incorrect. I'm making a mental note of making sure I time drives late to ensure the ball bounces as soon as it leaves the bat.. getting pretty damn good at it if I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread