Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

sorry i have to quote my self. Im talking about controls. These guys dont know the difference between play a shot and time a shot. This is my last post about this matter and all i want to say is

aggresive shots , defensive shots , advanced down the pitch , and unorthadox shots need one trigger
but most using shot "ground shots" need two triggers.

just try to play ground shots in nets. You'll see how many balls you miss, misstimed , and end up been slogging. You'll see higher percentage of mistakes than when youre playing slogs or blocks.

all im saying is this game has easier controls to slog than ground shots. It doesnt mean slogs are easy.
In a cricket game we mostly play ground shots . Because of that i think ground shot controls should be little bit easier.
This is nothing to do with keep the ball in ground crap.
And if someone say ground shots are hard to play than a slog in real life,
please dont joke

Last edited:
aggresive shots , defensive shots , advanced down the pitch , and unorthadox shots need one trigger
but most using shot "ground shots" need two trigger
And you press those triggers using different hands, I don't see how that is harder - it's logical, one is attack, one is defence and both gets you half way between.

Matt, Just keep both of your thumbs on the top of the analog sticks and let them rest there when you are not playing shot. That way you will have a better control. Try it, it would definitely improve you batting
Was trying to make it easier to see what the movement of the sticks for each shot was for people who haven't played - it's certainly different than how I'd usually hold the controller especially with the angle towards the camera to make all the buttons visible.

hmm makes sense. One trigger for ground shots and two triggers for scoops is the right way.

Because we aren't using scoops very often

sorry i have to quote my self. Im talking about controls. These guys dont know the difference between play a shot and time a shot. This is my last post about this matter and all i want to say is

just try to play ground shots in nets. You'll see how many balls you miss, misstimed , and end up been slogging. You'll see higher percentage of mistakes than when youre playing slogs or blocks.

We get it ok - you simply have no idea what you're talking about. At all.

The two trigger shot is an AGGRESIVE ground shot. Not just a ground shot. Thats why there is still risk involved relative to playing the shot with no triggers at all.

You keep on jumping between...

1. The control scheme (the ease of holding down one trigger vs two triggers - there is no difference. It is by no means 'difficult' to hold down two triggers)

and

2. The outcome of your shots - 'more mistakes playing along the ground then when slogging or blocking' (which is absolute crap - you have no idea where your slogs are landing in relation to the boundary or fielders)

Stick to one point

I wouldnt classify them as ground shots first,they would be classified as agg shots that i want to keep on ground.

Ground strokes are strokes like cover drive that are played easily with the 2 sticks.(cant get easier than that)

Now to the part yes keeping the ball grounded while going for the shot is yes difficult than playing the full shot.
Ex: A batman playing the hook shot is easier than keeping the ballgrounded while playing the hookshot.

Hence you need the aggressive button to start hook and block button to keep it grounded.it makes sense to me and cant be any better than this.

this why great batman like dravid, ponting ,laxman ,srt ,kallis are lauded because they can keep the ball grounded even while playing aggressive shots, even harbhajan can play a lofted hook or on slog, but doesnt he find it difficult to keep the ball down while playing those shots.

so keeping an aggresive shot grounded > than just lofting or slogging ball..:thumbs

I just realized I better practice with a left handed batsman as well :p. Feels so awkward playing as a left handed batsman in this game:spy

Yoi think?? Mix that up with over the wicket and.round the wicket, and leg and off spin. Now Let me know how awkward it feels.

I hit Santa soo many times but my multiplier stays at 2x, it doesn't increase. Am I doing something wrong?

This is just a suggestion, but would it be better if we could widen the width of the nets area. Better still, remove the fences on the left and right hand sides.
That way we can get a better feel of how well we play our shots like the cover drive for example.

What do you all think?

No need when there will be match practice in the full game - basically training out in the middle.

This is just a suggestion, but would it be better if we could widen the width of the nets area. Better still, remove the fences on the left and right hand sides.
That way we can get a better feel of how well we play our shots like the cover drive for example.

What do you all think?

Pick from:
  • I think this is a free demo and the nets is a practice area for timing, it's just just a bit of fun and a thanks from BigAnt for our support and contributions to their game.

• I think they should widen the nets out maybe a few hundred meters, put a boundary line in... add some AI fielders and maybe give us the option of playing a 5 or 10 over match or 5 day test.

EDIT:

Still haven't had a chance to try the new update, but glad the modifiers have been capped.

Last edited:
ross! will we be able to use our created players in the nets in future updates?

I think Ross and the team at bigant has probably put enough time and money into the CA nets as it is and I reckon we outta just be grateful and hope the game is out soon.

...I just wanna swap bats. Ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread