Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

I am reluctant to ask for anything nets related - i appreciate we're fortunate to have anything - but one thing i would like is if, rather than the life thing for hitting Santa, the streak wouldn't reset if we leave a ball that would be a wide in the game.

I am reluctant to ask for anything nets related - i appreciate we're fortunate to have anything - but one thing i would like is if, rather than the life thing for hitting Santa, the streak wouldn't reset if we leave a ball that would be a wide in the game.

Agree! It would be great if the streak did not reset for 'left' deliveries and on the other hand it should reset for edges & lbws :)!

ross! will we be able to use our created players in the nets in future updates?

Unfortunately the plan is that this will only happen in the full game.

...I just wanna swap bats. Ahem.

If we'd allowed CA players in the nets the bats would have come with them, I think your bat is going to get plenty of use and exposure post game release, indeed I'm sure it will be everywhere :)

I have no problems with requests for change or ideas for improvement. The only issue is that if it's not in the game then we are creating code for the CA alone and I need to work out if that makes commercial sense. That said, we love adding stuff that people get a kick out of so often that outweighs the commercial side of things.

Agree! It would be great if the streak did not reset for 'left' deliveries and on the other hand it should reset for edges & lbws :)!

As @BD, it's a reasonable thought, not sure about resetting on edges, but bowled/LBW I think so. Santa has to disappear soon anyway :)

Is it normal so that whenever the batsman steps down the pitch and hits the ball, he automatically tries to return to crease. It would have been ideal if the batsman steps down the pitch and hits the ball and stays there and if he misses the ball the player will be given option of returning to the crease by pressing a certain button

You will have to return to the crease manually in the full game.

Kindly add the short thick and short thin option in sideburns for beard styles as many players have it. The medium thick is not that common in players.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have a balls bowled counter in the nets which can be manually reset to enable you to see how many balls faced.

This would enable you to see how many balls it takes before you get "out" as such and would allow you to leave balls without setting back to zero

I'd love the option for two randomly alternating manual selection deliveries. Having one delivery on repeat is great for working shot execution out, but throwing an alternative delivery in there means you could drill specific shot selection issues as well.

Adding to TJ, it would be good to have a region for the machine to bowl at. Something like 'Full outside off' or 'good length straight'.

Just wishing, can't get enough of the free stuff ;)

Given that the option inside nets is 'line and length', but currently only includes length, I would be surprised if line wasn't in the full game :)

As for alternating balls how about the option to set 2 markers?

That's what I meant : 2 markers alternating randomly. Alternating non randomly means you would still know what was coming and so you wouldn't be drilling shot selection.

It's a fairly good mix on random though so it's no biggie.

Okay! I finally had my chance to play the nets. The first 5-10 minutes - I couldn't get bat to ball. This probably was due to my utter lack of knowledge about controller buttons. There were too many of them to play around with and I kept pressing every possible combination available at my fingers. I gotta admit that frustration was creeping in. It wasn't easy for me.

Later I decided to try one thing at a time. That was when I made contact with the ball. My first hit was a cover drive. The feeling was magnificent. Too bad I wasn't recording it to relive that moment :noway

I executed the same shot for the next 15-20 balls and was able to hit 50% of them. My confidence grew. There was then a barrage of short pitched balls (I think it was 6 in a row) and that made me pull down the LAS. I slowly but surely started to get the hang of it. I now had a fair idea of front foot and back foot shots. LAS was taken care of :D

The next thing I wanted get good at was the RAS. For that I started watching the ball closely. I let go of some 10-15 balls to see how the ball behaved after pitching. This took a while to get used to and even though I haven't mastered it yet, I'm thoroughly enjoying every bit of a perfectly timed shot.

I have to say "Nets" in this game lives up to its true definition. It really made me feel like I was undergoing some sort of coaching in batting. It did require a considerable amount of patience on my part, but it was all worth it :clap

Things I loved
  • The defensive shot - Hands down my favorite shot in the game. Executing an ideal front foot defensive shot is a visual treat.
  • The straight drive - Second on my list of favorite shots. Seeing the ball race past the non-striker's stump was very pleasing.
  • Sound - Wow! Truly authentic sounds. Props to your sound engineering department.
  • Menu Music - Very catchy indeed.
  • The wide range of shots supported by the game

Things I didn't Understand/Need Help in Understanding
  • Short pitched balls - Every short pitched ball (fast/medium fast bowling) was sliding down the leg side. I really wanted to hit a square cut but the balls ended up way down the legside and I was forced to play a pull or leg glance.
  • Delay in certain deliveries - This happens rarely, but sometimes the machine beeps and the ball gets released a good 2-3 seconds after the beep.
  • Ball going towards mid on - Even if I hit a straight or off drive, sometimes the ball moves towards the mid on area. At first I thought it was due to an inside edge, but the speed at which the ball traveled made me think otherwise - it was as if an on drive was hit with an ideal timing.
  • LAS - I noticed that if I don't push the LAS up to the max;i.e., push it half-way through, the shots have more power in them. Am I right in assuming that not pushing LAS to the max results in better shot power?

All in all a big :thumbs to Big Ant. The nets have been an excellent addition to CA and I'm sure it will help us to be better prepared (batting wise) when the game comes out. I really like the idea of having to put in some effort to get things right. Seriously can't wait to start off as a 16-year old rookie in Career mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread