Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

• Short pitched balls
  • Delay in certain deliveries
  • Ball going towards mid on
  • LAS

Glad you enjoyed the nets. They truely are a good insight into the mechanics of the game.

I've got a few shot pitched balls that I could cut.. sometimes requires some footwork to the leg side to open up the room. Otherwise you could always manually place the marker to get the ball where you want to practice the shot.

The delay, I have found, is usually due to PC specifications that are just at minimum. If you maybe reduce the graphics settings to minimal (really, the game still looks briliant on low settings) and see if it improves framerates a bit and will reduce this lag.

I've previously found on other games that even though I think I'm pushing straight (mainly on the right stick), I'm actually pushing on a slight angle and often have to mentally note to 'think' slightly left to keep it straight. Bringing up the controller options set up within windows and then practice a straight stick movement will show you if you really are pushing directly up.

I believe the only way to control shot power is with the defensive/aggressive trigger. If you want a soft hands approach, half press the defensive trigger and it'll do a half powered normal shot.. where as a half pressed aggressive trigger will perform a shot half normal/aggressive. I'd prefer that the RAS controlled shot placement and power with a slower or less extended push (like being able to perform a more vertical bat drive with a half extension to ensure the ball stays down) as my fine control of the triggers ain't great due to my lack of practice with the controller.

I've got a few shot pitched balls that I could cut.. sometimes requires some footwork to the leg side to open up the room. Otherwise you could always manually place the marker to get the ball where you want to practice the shot.

The marker did help. Also, switching the bowling side resulted in more short balls angling away from the body.

The delay, I have found, is usually due to PC specifications that are just at minimum. If you maybe reduce the graphics settings to minimal (really, the game still looks briliant on low settings) and see if it improves framerates a bit and will reduce this lag.

The game was working on max settings and trying the next lowest setting certainly helped.

I've previously found on other games that even though I think I'm pushing straight (mainly on the right stick), I'm actually pushing on a slight angle and often have to mentally note to 'think' slightly left to keep it straight. Bringing up the controller options set up within windows and then practice a straight stick movement will show you if you really are pushing directly up.

Didn't get enough time this week to try this, but it's certainly on my to-do list of things.

I'd prefer that the RAS controlled shot placement and power with a slower or less extended push (like being able to perform a more vertical bat drive with a half extension to ensure the ball stays down) as my fine control of the triggers ain't great due to my lack of practice with the controller.

Yes, I'd have preferred that too. No worries though.

I guess this would be the right place to post. Ross/Mikey/HBK/whoever is there a reason why every player has 0 runs conceded in their bowling statistics? It's going to be a tiresome process going through and editing them all...

If i want to play a shot should i press direction and shot type at same time or I should hold direction keys and press the shot key?

^ When facing a fast bowler, I found that pressing both at once more often than not resulted in "Late" timing. So I premeditate and keep the front foot pressed and then choose the direction based on the line of the ball. Against spinners/medium-fast/medium bowling though it's much easier to press both at once.

I guess this would be the right place to post. Ross/Mikey/HBK/whoever is there a reason why every player has 0 runs conceded in their bowling statistics? It's going to be a tiresome process going through and editing them all...

Make sure your players are linked to get all the correct statistics.

Make sure your players are linked to get all the correct statistics.

They are all linked properly, do you have runs conceded as 0 or the actual figure? I was under the impression everyone had the same thing going on.

Is this for every player or some specific players?

I have someone looking at this now to see if there is an issue.

Is this for every player or some specific players?

Every player who I have linked. In the case of players I've created and added stats to, obviously they are fully completed.

----------

I have someone looking at this now to see if there is an issue.

Let me know if there is any additional info you need to know about it. It's pretty self-explanatory, but you never know.

You're right, just checked my England team and all the bowlers have 0 runs conceded, Good find :)

Yeah, and if you go into the player tab, and then enter player statistics, you'll find every player in the game has not conceded a run. My only issue with it is it means no player has an average, and that would annoy the shit out of me. So I just want to know whether that's getting fixed or I need to edit them all myself.

Is that in base stats or earned stats?

Users who are viewing this thread