Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

The logic of the current button is that if you're leaving it because you can't play a shot, you're already in the right place to duck/leave, just pressing the stick in because none of the directions are good. If you tried to put a button press into that, you'd need to decide much earlier in the shot to leave, in which case you could probably have made a decision on a better shot to play.

Unlike defensive/aggressive shots, you'll rarely pre-empt leaving the ball.

I get what you are saying, it will just become more natural with practice I guess. Even leaving wide balls and not committing to a shot is a challenge in itself especially on the random setting.
As it stands quite often I'll accidentally play a shot when attempting to duck maybe I've just got a case of the "clubthumb". :yes

----------

Unless you're a tailender supporting a better batsman or playing as Geoffrey Boycott!!

Pushing LAS down south and pressing in R3 ducks,,,the ball has to be pitched very short, you can do this by using the marker and bowl very short, there! You can now duck

Thanks Gen...it seems i can duck...hahahah...

Last edited:
The logic of the current button is that if you're leaving it because you can't play a shot, you're already in the right place to duck/leave, just pressing the stick in because none of the directions are good. If you tried to put a button press into that, you'd need to decide much earlier in the shot to leave, in which case you could probably have made a decision on a better shot to play.

Now that the colours are more clear it is a lot easier to leave than before Matt(Not on Legend:yes). It's still not perfect and you have to read the ball closely.

PS My only wish would if you pressed the leave trigger in only, the game picks how to leave. Now you have to press left plus trigger or down,right. It's a little annoying. Maybe a auto option would help. PS what do you think Matt ?

PS Try it on Legend it's hard.:eek:

@suryasap, nice you finally got it, good one!

@79cricket, I also would have prefered it to be that way, automaic in detecting the line and length and duck accordingly,,,cos it happens so fast you don't have time to forward leave or which sides, unless you premaditate the leave

I think batting is perfect except following two areas:
1)Advancing against pacers. It needs a little bit of work.
2)We need advance and defense shot. It is very critical against the spinners.

What's the problem with advancing against pace bowlers? Ive done it, although it isn't easy to get right. Bit that's how it should be.

I think batting is perfect except following two areas:
1)Advancing against pacers. It needs a little bit of work.
2)We need advance and defense shot. It is very critical against the spinners.

It's the best controls for batting by a mile, if they fix the advancing problems and tweak the leaving controls then perfect for me.

----------

What's the problem with advancing against pace bowlers? Ive done it, although it isn't easy to get right. Bit that's how it should be.

Have you done it on legend with this update, if yes well done. I have on pro.

----------

@suryasap, nice you finally got it, good one!

@79cricket, I also would have prefered it to be that way, automaic in detecting the line and length and duck accordingly,,,cos it happens so fast you don't have time to forward leave or which sides, unless you premaditate the leave

I hope Bigant see were we are coming from, a option to turn auto on or off would be welcome for footwork leaving.:thumbs

Big Ant still hasn't replied me whether the game will be available in HK or not...i m not complaining about the release date...i m happy to wait..just the location u know...

Do you really think that Hong Kong is a major market for a cricket game?? Your best bet would be to buy it from Amazon.

A small "link" symbol by each teams names when browsing online will be helpful. I understand not every player in a team will be linked due to new players getting added. But as long as at least 15 players in that team is linked a small symbol by that team would be nice. Same with individual players.

Big Ant still hasn't replied me whether the game will be available in HK or not...i m not complaining about the release date...i m happy to wait..just the location u know...

We are doing our best to make it available everywhere, Asian markets are the hardest to deal with given price sensitivity and the unfortunate downside that they can re-export the game to our western markets.

The bottom line is that the game will be region free and therefore playable anywhere, which is the most important thing.

I know I am lucky to live in a country that loves cricket and all that but with online internet plus online shopping being as good as it is please just ship the game over from aus or other places near you.

PS Ross what's the score going to be like today for the cricket.:clap

I know I am lucky to live in a country that loves cricket and all that but with online internet plus online shopping being as good as it is please just ship the game over from aus or other places near you.

PS Ross what's the score going to be like today for the cricket.:clap

Well I certainly hope the game doesn't finish early like it did the other night! Three more balls could have been bowled...

England's record at the G is so good though, they might just secure their 10th MCG ODI win in 43 years.

Users who are viewing this thread