Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Well I certainly hope the game doesn't finish early like it did the other night! Three more balls could have been bowled...

England's record at the G is so good though, they might just secure their 10th MCG ODI win in 43 years.

Yeah I want to see Haddin score a 6 of the last ball of the game to win for the aussies, then Cook says F Bomb this and flies home for some Mother love.:eek:

PS Ross what did you think about a auto assist for footwork for leaving the ball ?

Suggestion: Make the mouse cursor disappear in-game after a few seconds of inactivity.

Probably is the case in the full game, but at the moment in the nets the mouse cursor remains visible and I keep having to move it to the edge of the screen so it doesn't get in the way.

I would have thought it would stay in the corner once put there?

knowing hong kong and video games, I'd expect Dan Brodmon Cricket to come out a few weeks after the game...

(ended up with a few HK multi-carts for my NES, really quite interesting...)

I would have thought it would stay in the corner once put there?

It does stay in the corner, but is never out of frame - at least for me anyway. I'll have to double check as I'm not at home, but I believe if you use the controller through the options menus the cursor only shows up once you start playing.

It's not a huge deal but if easily implemented would be good. Might even be something users can do in their windows settings???

It does stay in the corner, but is never out of frame - at least for me anyway. I'll have to double check as I'm not at home, but I believe if you use the controller through the options menus the cursor only shows up once you start playing.

It's not a huge deal but if easily implemented would be good. Might even be something users can do in their windows settings???

I'm in at work at the moment so will fire it up and have a look. I don't recall it on my machine though so it may vary from machine to machine.

I'm in at work at the moment so will fire it up and have a look. I don't recall it on my machine though so it may vary from machine to machine.

Happens to me. Even though I am solely using a controller, the mouse cursor shows up right on the middle of the screen once i start the practice session. Not a big issue for me as i can just move it to the second monitor.

Yep. Just played it. Doesn't happen in game but does in the nets of CA. I will get it fixed.

Do you really think that Hong Kong is a major market for a cricket game?? Your best bet would be to buy it from Amazon.

It might not be a major market like cricket playing nations but it's multinational and known city, also i have seen and bought cricket video games in hk before...and there is a scope for it to be sold here...

Pre owned cricket games I take it, not fresh off the production line ones.

Nah, there's five or six of us in here.

So while you are online lemme ask this. Are you gonna do anything about advancing down the track and defending the ball?

Last edited:
So while you are online lemme ask this. Are you gonna do anything about advancing down the track and defending the ball?

I'm always online :)

The timing window for deciding to change the stroke is just too small at 0.1 seconds to change your mind and even then there is no "tell" as to why you would change.

So unless we change the timing of the ball, as in slow it down, we cannot implement it.

I should add that we did implement it to try it out but removed it as it was useless for the above reasons. I think the risk/reward of the advance down the pitch is well balanced in the game, you won't get as many complete misses as you do in the Nets (and therefore stumpings), you get more nicks that might get caught or might go along the ground depending on how out your timing is (and how lucky you are).

Users who are viewing this thread