Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios I created my player earlier when Biggs created planetcricketXI. Now a few days back i created my player again and replaced the online version with the new one. Now the problem is that if I view the player by searching online players, it appears as it should. But when i view the planetcricket XI, player appears as he was before. I tried updating my player 4 times but it doesnt change in the team.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
It means Matt needs to manually download all the updates to each of the created players for his team. There's no "quick update" button for created teams, that I know of.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
With age, is it possible to get year born or DOB also?

Let me explain why. This way, i do not have to change age every year and reupload which will make two versions of the same player 24 and 25 years. If there is a "year born" or DOB option instead, the person who will download it will have the correct age as the game should be able to detect the age depending on the current year.

But i still want the age field in there. If we specify an age, that game should ignore the dob or year born field and just use the age specified all the time. This will be useful in creating younger versions of retired or old players.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is it possible or could it be implemented that we can set up/ download teams to our CA now as well as turn on the "get best" option so we could set up all the teams we want now, before we get the game, so when the game comes out we can just download the whole file and be done rather than have to do it all when the game comes out. As it is now it could take a few sessions to do before we even play a match, but if its all setup previously then we'll be good to go much faster. Just an idea.

Last edited:

kasabian21

International Coach
@BigAntStudios

N00b question - when I get the game on PS3 can I simply login into CA with my username I've been creating all my players on and it'll update my 'roster' on the game? Or will I have to download them all from myself?

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@BigAntStudios

N00b question - when I get the game on PS3 can I simply login into CA with my username I've been creating all my players on and it'll update my 'roster' on the game? Or will I have to download them all from myself?

At it stands you'll have to download it all again, that's why I asked if it would be possible to update the CA so we can set it up before in our file, then once we get the game, as you mentioned we could just log in and voila!!

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know how feasible it is to have changes in CA now. But the thing is, I only got to try my hand at CA recently and while creating players, I felt the following things missing:

Eyebrows
  • Change thickness of eyebrow
  • Curvature of eyebrow

Hair
It is quite natural and obvious that you can't have unique of hairstyles of all the players in CA, but following can still be done:
  • Change length of hair
  • Change quantity of hair (Preferably middle section and left/right section separately)

• More range for temple width
  • Change thickness of moustache/beard

As for me and probably for most of the others, the job to replicate players would become pretty easy and will allow the creators to get more likeliness with the player. I don't mind if its not possible to do it currently, but I do hope it'll be considered sometime in future.

Along with that, I would like to have 'Downloaded players' folder to view all the downloaded players. It would ease up the job for editors to edit the face rightaway from there rather than searching for him in his team.

Few things which worry me:
  • I see lots of clones of player, all looking same. I guess users do it to get the credit of the player but it actually takes away the hardwork of original editor due to presence of many copies of similar looking players. It may also hide improved creation of that player down the list as it may remain inaccessible due to its position.
  • Not a thing of worry, but I don't know if something is wrong on my part. I downloaded a player from community who was a free agent. However, I was not able to find him in the player linking list and hence I was not even able to link him manually to on-disc team. So, any help? And why am I seeing so many players in that list, when I haven't downloaded any of them?

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
To add to it, I would also like to want the display of full name while browsing through CA. Searching for a player only using his last name becomes tedious sometimes.:)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Few things which worry me:
  • I see lots of clones of player, all looking same. I guess users do it to get the credit of the player but it actually takes away the hardwork of original editor due to presence of many copies of similar looking players. It may also hide improved creation of that player down the list as it may remain inaccessible due to its position.
  • Not a thing of worry, but I don't know if something is wrong on my part. I downloaded a player from community who was a free agent. However, I was not able to find him in the player linking list and hence I was not even able to link him manually to on-disc team. So, any help? And why am I seeing so many players in that list, when I haven't downloaded any of them?

Players get re-uploaded because people want to customise and download their own teams. I've re-uploaded isrars South African team because I wanted to change a few things for example. Ultimately it doesn't mean squat though because you can sort based on rating/age and the original creator still gets credit.

Your second point, you're seeing so many players because those are the default on-disc players.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How about the addition of elbow sleeves like Kohli is wearing in the below image? The compression gear is all well and good but there are only 3 colours to choose from.

Virat+Kohli+India+v+West+Indies+Group+B+2011+7ipTwDhaWvVl.jpg

sharp7

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Idk if its a bug or not, but when we add a 7 match OD series in tour mode, there is no break in between the matches.

thevicky

Club Captain
Quick question, there was a thread a while ago where we put down the names of teams we wanted commentary names for in the game. I put down my club side Revesby Workers:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2450918-post26.html

I can find "Workers" as a commentary nickname but not Revesby; did I miss the cut or will there be more commentary options in the final CA.

If the latter does that mean there will be additional PLayer names as well?

Thanks

Vic

sharp7

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread