Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

One more suggestion, make beard and mustache in to seperate sections and give us freedom to combine them what ever way possible. Also include turban(hurbhajan singh) and bandana(monty panesar) as hairstyles rather than a field wear.

You people are amazing..i never thought, a cricket game will have this much of freedom. Just add some more handsome look giving hair related things. looking forward to a great gameplay. thank u guys:cheers:cheers:thumbs

Hey Ross,
I really think a rating (out of 10) system is a better way of judging the popularity of the created players! I may like a creation but still dont feel it is 100% correct, then I can rate it around 6 or 7. This way we would be able to sort the best creations in a more accurate manner as the ones rated above 8 would obviously be the best.

Hey Ross,
I really think a rating (out of 10) system is a better way of judging the popularity of the created players! I may like a creation but still dont feel it is 100% correct, then I can rate it around 6 or 7. This way we would be able to sort the best creations in a more accurate manner as the ones rated above 8 would obviously be the best.

Not a bad idea, it would have to be something for the future though.

Is there any chance of giving at least the PC version an option to get a direct link to add a player posted to the game?

I'm trying to think how we'll run the downloads section for the game once it's out - but with things like faces/rosters taken care of by the game doing so much internally, it would be nice if there were ways users here could post links simply to add their particular groups of players.

Is there any chance of giving at least the PC version an option to get a direct link to add a player posted to the game?

I'm trying to think how we'll run the downloads section for the game once it's out - but with things like faces/rosters taken care of by the game doing so much internally, it would be nice if there were ways users here could post links simply to add their particular groups of players.

Players will be able to be sorted into "teams" so that a team could be downloaded as a set of players with the one download click. Players can belong to more than one "team".

Is that going to help?

Is that going to help?
Is there an external interface for getting to that point? Basically, what this site has always done is each user posting a thread containing all of their work, then people can click a link to download it and with some messing around add it to the game.

I'd imagine the simplest implementation from your end might be just to give a unique id on player cards for players/teams who have been shared online - and then have an option to enter a card number to go straight to that player.

A step above that would be to then have a URL structure on the PC version of the game (or to a web interface for your account on the console versions?) that could then launch the game straight to that point without manually entering it.

Also - unrelated suggestions:
Could the randomiser be weighted on nationality and age? Two screenshots attached to demonstrate the point - the ages aren't bounded in any way and non-cricket playing countries appear just as often. Ideally the names would be somewhat linked to location as well, so you don't get as many Craig Smiths from Afghanistan.

Attachments

• Screenshot (64).jpg
    Screenshot (64).jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (65).jpg
    Screenshot (65).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 35
You may laugh now Matt, but Perry Hoffman is going to break ALL the records.

Is there an external interface for getting to that point? Basically, what this site has always done is each user posting a thread containing all of their work, then people can click a link to download it and with some messing around add it to the game.

I'd imagine the simplest implementation from your end might be just to give a unique id on player cards for players/teams who have been shared online - and then have an option to enter a card number to go straight to that player.

A step above that would be to then have a URL structure on the PC version of the game (or to a web interface for your account on the console versions?) that could then launch the game straight to that point without manually entering it.

Also - unrelated suggestions:
Could the randomiser be weighted on nationality and age? Two screenshots attached to demonstrate the point - the ages aren't bounded in any way and non-cricket playing countries appear just as often. Ideally the names would be somewhat linked to location as well, so you don't get as many Craig Smiths from Afghanistan.

The code idea would work best - there is no way they will allow a via browser implementation on the consoles.

On the randomiser front, we are on it - expect most of what you ask and more in the first patch (not sure about name though).

One more suggestion, make beard and mustache in to seperate sections and give us freedom to combine them what ever way possible. Also include turban(hurbhajan singh) and bandana(monty panesar) as hairstyles rather than a field wear.

Yeah the beard and moustache separately is a great idea, also we could do with more closely trimmed beards or the haven't shaved for a couple of weeks look, a la matt prior

there is no way they will allow a via browser implementation on the consoles.
EA's NCAA Football is an example of the ideal world implementation, their online dynasty is (by the look of it, never played it) about everything you'd ever want for customisation complete with online integration.

EA's NCAA Football is an example of the ideal world implementation, their online dynasty is (by the look of it, never played it) about everything you'd ever want for customisation complete with online integration.

We had some similar features in RLL2 where if you met a team online you got to save that team locally (it stores the last 100 teams met).

One of the issues with that though was that it only shares on the same platform, at least with what we have this time for Cricket we can go across platforms.

I can see the point of being able to grab a complete list - that would be very cool and something for us to contemplate in a Console patch.

Lower the resolution via the ini file and you might get better performance.

Apologies if I've missed an explanation for this elsewhere, but could someone explain how to go about this? Me a bit Tarzan when things get technical! Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread