Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

I think Ross confirmed that there'll be no logo editor, at least in this edition. That was what the Trickstar guys told Cricket Australia that they had. It's because of copyright issues that they left it out. Regarding kit designs - I think you've got many in the latest CA, and hopefully more to come with the ingame CA...

Are singular names actually licensed?
Think of it like the word 'Windows' - Microsoft don't sue companies that make glass for using the term - but they can sue companies that make software that does.

When you make a cricket game, names that carry a lot of value in cricket become protected. When you say 'Tendulkar' in a cricket context, it's hard to make a claim you're not referencing the Tendulkar of the Sachin variety. While a name like Smith, you have a stronger case that you're not referring to a specific Smith, so it doesn't become a licensing issue.

Save_unknown_error

I cant able to get into my Profile.. :(

It says "Error reading profile data from save disk".

Error caused after system gets restarted due to voltage fluctuation.

Pls anyone help me to rescue my created players atleast :mad

Error ::
---------

attachment.php

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    13 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I got the same thing after updating - but putting back a backup I had of my save file worked.

Attachments

• Screenshot (300).jpg
    Screenshot (300).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (299).jpg
    Screenshot (299).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 14
Think I'll hold off on updating just for now... bugger.

Think I'll hold off on updating just for now... bugger.
The Glasses on umpires thing does work though.

So hopefully I'll be able to get the game, set me as umpire, bowler and wicket keeper and Biggs as all the batsmen.

Attachments

• Screenshot (302).jpg
    Screenshot (302).jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 28
Hahahahah... Best you turn DRS off too.

I got the same thing after updating - but putting back a backup I had of my save file worked.

I would have taken backup if i got to know this issue before itself..

I have spent lot of time on creating those players and now ended with no use :(

:mad:mad:mad

I have spent lot of time on creating those players and now ended with no use
It's odd because apparently the two save files are identical according to a file comparison program - but putting one of them into the game throws the error and the other works fine.

Don't update. We are looking at the issue.

don't say create new save profile it will overwrite.

Is it enough to backup only those two files CAS000.sav and config.ini in documents\My Games\Cricket Academy Beta and then to start new profile ?

Is it enough to backup only those two files CAS000.sav and config.ini in documents\My Games\Cricket Academy Beta and then to start new profile ?
Make a copy of the .sav file regardless but I would suggest just waiting and not starting a new profile.

cas000.sav is where all the players are, keep that safe. But don't create anew profile. Its better to reinstall 0.97 and continue using, while we fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread