Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Never mind Biggs is a clever imposter Lollzzzzzz "off the topic"

Perhaps 'expect' wasn't the correct word to use. Maybe 'suspect' or some variant (e.g. that is what I am suspecting could be included) would be more appropriate.

We should only 'expect' what has been confirmed.

Perhaps 'expect' wasn't the correct word to use. Maybe 'suspect' or some variant (e.g. that is what I am suspecting could be included) would be more appropriate.

We should only 'expect' what has been confirmed.

You people are acting like a child this is a forum and everyone has the right to say and if someone is expecting this is his/her own domain don't act childish... everyone has the freedom and Admin is going to keep on eye on any thing cynical so stop intervening and criticizing others comments.

You people are acting like a child this is a forum and everyone has the right to say and if someone is expecting this is his/her own domain don't act childish... everyone has the freedom and Admin is going to keep on eye on any thing cynical so stop intervening and criticizing others comments.

Jesus...relax. It was only a suggestion.

Some of you kids get to 10 on that dial pretty quick, don't you?

You're not entitled to expect anything, this is a free beta. Keep perspective. You are however, welcome to expect things when you purchase the product based on available information. That word of the day again; Perspective.

Some of you kids get to 10 on that dial pretty quick, don't you?

You're not entitled to expect anything, this is a free beta. Keep perspective. You are however, welcome to expect things when you purchase the product based on available information. That word of the day again; Perspective.

agree... but then again it's v0.99 i believe - according to an FB post, anyway - so we can expect it to be close to the "final" (i.e. shipped) version? Probably missing only licensed products/info i guess...

--------

And if it doesn't get changed, then oh well. At least we can add/remove players from teams in this game!

to be honest for me it wouldn't be "oh well"... i think the quality of the options in CA are outstanding and the depth is great and it is fantastic to have this in a game. BUT, i would be lying if I didn't say that, for me, the menu/usability detracts from the experience quite considerably.

i am a software architect and i am forever banging on at our UI designers and developers to decrease the clicks needed to acheive something. it's a hot topic for me :)

so we can expect it to be close to the "final" (i.e. shipped) version?

Again, I think 'expect' infers there is some sort of entitlement that we're owed something here. Its' semantics, but it's an attitude that's been increasingly more prevalent, demanded by a minority who 'expect' and demand outlandish things, without the perspective of "Hey, we're getting something to play around with for free that's fun and entertaining for everyone". You're simply not going to get all the features and things you expect from the final game, so just be happy with whatever we get and objectively critique that product... not critique it on the basis of "well I was expecting x and they didn't deliver" when that's not the purpose of the Beta in the first place. That's the purpose of the final game.

Now, you can of course have a wishlist of things, which is what people were talking about... there is a difference between the two attitudes, and it needed addressing.

Perspective.

well yeah i agree in terms of some of the sense of entitlement - but certainly i didn't read sunnybunny's "expect" as a demand, rather as a "be surprised if it's not". (in the same way as I "expect" v0.99 to be very close to v1.0 in the sense that I would be very surprised if there are significant differences between the two other than the inclusion of licensed info or info that would give away features they want kept under wraps for now.)

as you say, semantics. (we're both right.)

ex?pect (k-spkt)
v.ex?pect?ed, ex?pect?ing, ex?pects

v.tr.
a. To look forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of: expecting a telephone call; expects rain on Sunday.

b. To consider likely or certain: expect to see them soon. See Usage Note at anticipate.

2. To consider reasonable or due: We expect an apology.

3. To consider obligatory; require: The school expects its pupils to be on time.

4. Informal To presume; suppose.

-------------

still, if in v1.0 i can't add players to a team directly from the player menu, ross is off my christmas card list!

Last edited:
All that said, it's not going to happen - you're not going to be able to 'add sponsors logo', etc. for part of the reason they can't do image face imports.

issues of our "G" rating when photos could contain illicit content as we don't have the resources to vet every image.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums.../your-player-cards-83996-128.html#post2565397

There will be whatever's in the game and beyond that it would need to be outside modding on the PC version at best.

i am a software architect and i am forever banging on at our UI designers and developers to decrease the clicks needed to acheive something. it's a hot topic for me :)

It's a hot topic for me also, we just need to make sure things are as usable as can be on the console as well.

It's a hot topic for me also, we just need to make sure things are as usable as can be on the console as well.

oh yes - i design enterprise reinsurance software, so i'm sure there isn't a huge crossover ;)

that said i would personally find it more important on the console (where using a controller) to have a "add to team" option from the player menu as i think the click issue would be exacerbated.

there were other "nice to haves" i thought of (such as some sort of way to filter/lock player searches) but couldn't think of a practical way for consoles...

beyond that it would need to be outside modding on the PC version at best...

Short Version: PC.net got this sh#t under control.

There is no selection for Warne in commentary names. Shane War just doesn't seem right!!!!

I can't be sure because I have no access to CA at the moment, but are you sure 'Worn' is not there, as that will be pronounced the same in commentary. Just a way around licensing issues I would suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread