Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

One thing I am surprised by is the lack of umpires compared to the players created. Might be the next project on my list.

One thing I am surprised by is the lack of umpires compared to the players created. Might be the next project on my list.

I would have made some if i could do it directly ;)

That was a joke... On my list though.

I assume we will be able to do so in v1 or 0.99x becaue we presumably need to set umpire attributes for decision accuracy. I also didn't notice any "default" umpires so i guess they will be in at some point.

Linking's main outcome is for the "get best" functions, otherwise the "update" functions will work fine for teams without linked players, ie where you add your own players to a squad.

Perhaps because they belong more to a "work in the background" type of group than the ones who take center stage.

I would have made some if i could do it directly ;)

That was a joke... On my list though.

I assume we will be able to do so in v1 or 0.99x becaue we presumably need to set umpire attributes for decision accuracy. I also didn't notice any "default" umpires so i guess they will be in at some point.

The umpires are for likeness only. Perhaps in DLC or the next version we will expose the variable for umpiring.

The umpires are for likeness only. Perhaps in DLC or the next version we will expose the variable for umpiring.

Interesting. So for now the plan is if i make an umpire likeness his accuracy etc. is assigned "behind the scenes" as it were with no control?

Is there an option in CA - or will there be - to enforce (or remove) the neutral umpire thing and set a home bias option? That would be awesome and then I would definitely make Shakoor Rana straight away :)

"Team Bias" would make more sense, I imagine... if you wanted to corrupt the umpiring a little :D

Interesting. So for now the plan is if i make an umpire likeness his accuracy etc. is assigned "behind the scenes" as it were with no control?

Is there an option in CA - or will there be - to enforce (or remove) the neutral umpire thing and set a home bias option? That would be awesome and then I would definitely make Shakoor Rana straight away :)

All umpires have the same abilities without bias.

They will however remember if you appeal more than you should and don't walk when you should. You will get a good or bad reputation depending on how you conduct yourself. (Looking at you here Biggs!)

Last edited:
All umpires have the same abilities without bias.

They will however remember if you appeal more than you should and don't walk when you should. You will get a good or bad reputation depending on how you conduct yourself. (Looking at you here Biggs!)

I see. That makes sense from a "game" point of view... But i was sort of hoping there would be some umpires that got decisions right more than others. Though i can see why you didn't do that - if you programmed a Darryl Harper everyone would just assume it was a bug!! (Not to mention some of the decisions from the summer's ashes.)

Personally though I was already imagining a gatting/rana style tear up i could have with my xbox... Probably says a lot about my disturbed personality but i was looking forward to it immensely.

I see. That makes sense from a "game" point of view... But i was sort of hoping there would be some umpires that got decisions right more than others. Though i can see why you didn't do that - if you programmed a Darryl Harper everyone would just assume it was a bug!! (Not to mention some of the decisions from the summer's ashes.)

Personally though I was already imagining a gatting/rana style tear up i could have with my xbox... Probably says a lot about my disturbed personality but i was looking forward to it immensely.

It's a great idea and been discussed here earlier, we just didn't implement particular Umpire traits this time around - it will come later for sure.

Hello Ross.

This is the thread to report to if Cricket Academy is crashing at the start, right?

The software downloaded and installed fine but crashes to desktop every time it comes to the point of "setting up default profile data" when it is loading.

Is this a known issue? Any help regarding this matter?

It's a great idea and been discussed here earlier, we just didn't implement particular Umpire traits this time around - it will come later for sure.

Ross, had a question that had been bugging me

We know that CA in the final game will be final version

But since the game has been locked, will we be using CA from here with all the fixes or should we use the CA from final game itself with updates and fixes added later

I am ok with either but this is for my friends who are casual user's and don't follow PC as religiously as I do

But since the game has been locked, will we be using CA from here with all the fixes or should we use the CA from final game itself with updates and fixes added later

Ross has stated there's a Day 1 Patch for PS3/XBOX so that will contain the most up to date version of the game, so I imagine any changes made on the product (in terms of the game-play or the academy) will be included in the Day 1 Patch - plus any additional bug fixing updates. So you're going to be fine, basically.

Is this a known issue? Any help regarding this matter?

Someone else posted this error in the thread a little earlier, it's probably helpful for them that you're experiencing a similar issue (although, not for you!). Maybe post (or PM) your system specs, etc to help Ross out? But in short, yeah... someone else had that issue a page or so ago. Is this your first download of the Academy or did you upgrade from the latest version?

Users who are viewing this thread