Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

I was editing my player again to assign attributes - I noticed that if you set a skill to any level it counts towards the overall balance of batsman/all-rounder/bowler regardless of how high you rate that.

What approach should we take there? I'm making just a plain bowler, but want to show a preference to the different kind of shots that I attempt to play - but don't want to try and say that because I have put two dots onto a front foot shot that I'm suddenly an all rounder.

Re-downloaded it Thrice.. :(

anything else? :/

Pretty sure you would be aware of it, but just in case....is the downloaded file size around 460~461 MB?

I was editing my player again to assign attributes - I noticed that if you set a skill to any level it counts towards the overall balance of batsman/all-rounder/bowler regardless of how high you rate that.

What approach should we take there? I'm making just a plain bowler, but want to show a preference to the different kind of shots that I attempt to play - but don't want to try and say that because I have put two dots onto a front foot shot that I'm suddenly an all rounder.

I am hoping we can pick batsman/bowler/ all rounder in the next update, then the party is full and ready for release soon after.:spy

So, am I crazy or is that "update player from server" option gone? I can't update the PC.net team with your stats otherwise...

So, am I crazy or is that "update player from server" option gone? I can't update the PC.net team with your stats otherwise...

Some functions in the Academy were not meant to be on so we turned it off while you weren't looking :)

I think that was one of the functions we remotely removed some time after the V0.99 Update was distributed. It will be turned back on soon.

Sorry, I missed that post. Infract me accordingly Matt... I humbly apologize gracefully at your feet. [/howitsdone]

We're going to go through all of the posts at 9am tomorrow morning and organise a "0.99a" version if required.

Hi Ross,
A couple of thoughts/suggestions/queries...

I would really like to be able to create an umpire directly, rather than seeing e.g. Simon Taufel in my player list - will this be possible in v1.0 or v0.99x?

I think you mentioned that the commentary names are not all in CA. I notice you don't have Cowdrey though there is a generic player for him in the all time England
list... (also a Conner but not a Connors/Conners hint hint).

Also wondering if the player lists are "final"? E.g. I don't see why "Atkinson" (Atherton) is in England all time (avg 37) when Compton or May or Jardine are not? (and i speak as a big fan of Athers!). As a Gloucester boy I was also dismayed to see there was no R C "Jack" Russell... Tbf I understand the Russell one really but think May, Compton and Jardine should be in before Athers or Graham Thorpe... I realise we can change them ourselves and have done so - in fact i am using my own team - but just thought the disc team had some odd entries. Appreciate it's subjective though.

Have got my head around the linking now and it's great.

I guess if a player isn't im a disc team - e.g. Most of my england's worst xi but for the few still playing - i will need to set all the attributes / stats myself as there is nobody to link to? (guess i answered my own question there... I'll leave it in to help the logically-challenged.)

Lots of work, i picked the wrong weekend to buy a house :)

when i downloaded cricket academy beta it crashed my whole laptop

I think you just answered your own question.

Yes and no... When there's not much to choose (e.g. Knott and Russell) it's pretty subjective. When its comparing a guy with a 37 average to guys who trip off the tongue when mentiooning English great batsman it's less subjective I think.

I grew up watching Athers and he held England's batting together im a very weak side and he was "great" in terms of his English peers in that era, and certainly played some unquestionably great innings. Is he an all time great for England? Don't think so. I can only say that when it took be a while to figure out who M Atkinson was because Atherton didn't enter my mind in terms of all time England. Had there been a P Mall I would have immediately thought Peter May even though Atherton was very much my era and May retired years before I was a glint in the milkman's eye. I think that's a reasonable yardstick.

I just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration, if it wasn't too late.

The biggest issues for me are 1)Will there be a Cowdrey commentary name when they are finalised because there is a Cowdrey generic player? 2)Will I be able to create an umpire directly rather than make a player then have him available to umpire?

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I tried installing the Cricket Academy Beta 0.99 but it crashes every time I run it.
It crashes at the point when it says "setting up default profile data". I have Windows 7 64bit and my PC is more than capable of playing Crysis 3 at high settings.
Can anyone help me please?

I think Athers being a Captain of England for a good portion means he makes it into the squad, IMO. I don't think it's worth fussing over...

I think the Umpires thing, while a bit messy, isn't that much of a problem either. Since, I imagine someone will create an "Umpire XI" team sooner than later with all past and present international umpires in it for fun. Be quite a cool little team to play against.

I think Athers being a Captain of England for a good portion means he makes it into the squad, IMO. I don't think it's worth fussing over...

I think the Umpires thing, while a bit messy, isn't that much of a problem either. Since, I imagine someone will create an "Umpire XI" team sooner than later with all past and present international umpires in it for fun. Be quite a cool little team to play against.

Well yeah it's really not worth fussing over as i will be using my own created all time team as there are a few other (more subjective) differences plus i made ot already including kits and i am a stubborn git.

The umpire one bothers me more. I think for the reason you stated we should still be able to make a player available to umpire, but i think we should be able to create them too. I don't want them cluttering up my free agents.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread