Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Someone else posted this error in the thread a little earlier, it's probably helpful for them that you're experiencing a similar issue (although, not for you!). Maybe post (or PM) your system specs, etc to help Ross out? But in short, yeah... someone else had that issue a page or so ago. Is this your first download of the Academy or did you upgrade from the latest version?

Thank you for your reply.

This is the first time I have installed CA on my PC. So I guess there are no updates, but the direct 0.99 beta version.

The file size is more than 460MB, the download and installation did went well.

My PC specs are as follows...

Intel 2500K Quad core,
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit,
8GB RAM,
Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5

You think I should PM him this same thing?

Intel 2500K Quad core,
8GB RAM,
Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5

That's pretty good config there, Just incase if you missed reinstall/update following and check
1) DIRECT X
2) Microsoft visual c++
3) Latest ATI drivers
4) Adobe flash player

That's pretty good config there, Just incase if you missed reinstall/update following and check
1) DIRECT X
2) Microsoft visual c++
3) Latest ATI drivers
4) Adobe flash player

Wilco. Thank you for the reply. Will check them and follow up.

Sounds like it's an error affecting the fresh-install folk, not the upgrade folk, because I think whomever had the same problem was also installing it for the first time. Check you've got the latest updates of what Manoharalla suggested above, that's pretty much all you can do. Might just be a faulty install though, so if you have no luck still, Matt may still have version .97a (the full version) then use the same link to .99 to update from there?

so it seems if i link a player, it creates a 2nd player?

i.e. I had a SF Barnes, I linked him to the Barnes generic player in the england all time best. now i have a barnes in that team with all the stats, and the other barnes with no stats? that's pretty annoying as it doubles my work - i have to replace the unlinked barnes with the linked one wherever i used him.

so it seems if i link a player, it creates a 2nd player?

i.e. I had a SF Barnes, I linked him to the Barnes generic player in the england all time best. now i have a barnes in that team with all the stats, and the other barnes with no stats? that's pretty annoying as it doubles my work - i have to replace the unlinked barnes with the linked one wherever i used him.

Have you used barnes in any other teams?

What happened with me is when i linked my created kallis with the default team's J. K, my created kallis automatically showed up in south africa all time, kolkata team etc etc.

So I'm busy giving my players skills and attributes at the moment, I haven't linked anything yet because it sounds a bit confusing, what I noticed was the skills for the ondisc players seem a bit odd. Great batsmen have some skills maxed out and other skills like on and offside play really low. Are the skills for the ondisc players suppose to relate accurately to the real life player, or are they pretty random.

Its just that when I edited say Dravid I gave all his batting skills close to full (around 90%) because he was/is very good at everything. Just started to wonder is that the right thing to do or will it cause problems when playing the game.

I suppose Id like to ask Ross for feedback on how to give out attributes and skills for our players. Does around 95% for tendulkar, 90% for Dravid, 80% for Warner 50% for Mitchell Johnson, 40 % for broad for example for each batting skill sound about right, or should some be maxed out and some low like the default players.

I know those percentages are a matter of opinion, but I hope you see my point.

Also default players who are finger spinners sometimes have things like slider and flipper ratings high, whereas surely they should be zero as they cannot bowl those deliveries.

Sounds like it's an error affecting the fresh-install folk, not the upgrade folk, because I think whomever had the same problem was also installing it for the first time. Check you've got the latest updates of what Manoharalla suggested above, that's pretty much all you can do. Might just be a faulty install though, so if you have no luck still, Matt may still have version .97a (the full version) then use the same link to .99 to update from there?

Sorry for the late reply. Well I did try everything Manohar asked me to check into. Seems everything was up to date in the first place.

No luck with the repeat download and install of CA 0.99 though.

Couldn't find the 0.97 version anywhere else even after googling for 15 minutes. The only site where the download is available always gives me the 0.99 version.

If this is indeed a bug, well I hope this matter will be looked into as well. Considering how more and more people will want to try this upcoming game editor out now that DBC 14 is becoming more reknowned than ever before.

Thank you for the time you took to help me. I have messaged Matt about the same. Fingers-crossed that he has the 0.97 CA version. :thumbs

I cleaned up my downloads folder a few days back, so unfortunately not.

Ross has said he'd look into things, so we'll probably get a fix shortly if they can work out the issue.

I cleaned up my downloads folder a few days back, so unfortunately not.

Ross has said he'd look into things, so we'll probably get a fix shortly if they can work out the issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. Looks like it's time to play the waiting game then. Hopefully, things get resolved soon. ^_^

Have you used barnes in any other teams?

What happened with me is when i linked my created kallis with the default team's J. K, my created kallis automatically showed up in south africa all time, kolkata team etc etc.

no i used him in only one other team. yes the created likeness goes into every team the "generic" player was in, but the created likeness himself is not updated. he remains without stats/attributes.

e.g. alastair cook - so the cook likeness ends up in the default england, england all time and essex teams... but the original likeness is still in my system as a duplicate player, but without any stats/attributes so i have to delete him to avoid the duplicate. it would be better if the link went both ways, so the likeness went to default player and the stats/attributes went to the likeness.

----------

So I'm busy giving my players skills and attributes at the moment, I haven't linked anything yet because it sounds a bit confusing, what I noticed was the skills for the ondisc players seem a bit odd. Great batsmen have some skills maxed out and other skills like on and offside play really low. Are the skills for the ondisc players suppose to relate accurately to the real life player, or are they pretty random.

Its just that when I edited say Dravid I gave all his batting skills close to full (around 90%) because he was/is very good at everything. Just started to wonder is that the right thing to do or will it cause problems when playing the game.

I suppose Id like to ask Ross for feedback on how to give out attributes and skills for our players. Does around 95% for tendulkar, 90% for Dravid, 80% for Warner 50% for Mitchell Johnson, 40 % for broad for example for each batting skill sound about right, or should some be maxed out and some low like the default players.

Also default players who are finger spinners sometimes have things like slider and flipper ratings high, whereas surely they should be zero as they cannot bowl those deliveries.

@superfreddie see my problems above - i wouldn't bother doing ANYTHING to a player you intend to link later, because you'll end up deleting the created player later. it's also quicker to link stats/attributes to someone like dravid who will be in the game anyway. only add attributes/stats/skills to someone who doesn't have a generic counterpart in one of the default games or you will just be wasting your time.

Last edited:
Ah ok. Got it. Yes that is true. The original created player do indeed remains statsless even after linking.

Yeah its a bit frustrating because really there was no point making any teams before this update - or not with any players that have default counterparts.

Confused me for a while but i am on top of it now and making progress :)

BD reading your issues now, will put to the team in two hours time.

----------

Thank you for your reply.

This is the first time I have installed CA on my PC. So I guess there are no updates, but the direct 0.99 beta version.

The file size is more than 460MB, the download and installation did went well.

My PC specs are as follows...

Intel 2500K Quad core,
8GB RAM,
Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5

You think I should PM him this same thing?

We will check a fresh machine with similar hardware today.

The skills are all random as Ross told me. We all here at PC would have to go through some standardization process for skills and assign the skills & atts sometime soon even for the 'generic' players in the out-of-the-box teams.

Users who are viewing this thread