Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Hi Ross i really loved the new CA 0.99 and just want to ask what more additions you will add in the new CA update. I have noticed that in the CA there are many famous Pakistani cricketers names or Pakistani "Commentary names" are missing and there is not even the commentary name of current Pakistan captain. For example; rizwan, kamran, hammad, misbah, shoaib are famous Pakistani names and cricketers names. If Big Ant Studios adds these names it will be great. Best wishes and this is my suggestion, Thanks

Many a names have been disguised with improper spellings to avoid trouble from cricket boards. Like Melinga is Malinga and Tindoolka is Tendulkar. I suggest you go through the list again to check for phonetically similar names.

Moreover, the list in CA isn't the complete list but a cut down version of it. You might find more names in the actual in-game CA.

The commentary process is already done so I expect no new additions till the next iteration. Hope the list keeps growing with every game.

Many a names have been disguised with improper spellings to avoid trouble from cricket boards. Like Melinga is Malinga and Tindoolka is Tendulkar. I suggest you go through the list again to check for phonetically similar names.

Moreover, the list in CA isn't the complete list but a cut down version of it. You might find more names in the actual in-game CA.

The commentary process is already done so I expect no new additions till the next iteration. Hope the list keeps growing with every game.

I have gone through every name because i have made more than twenty teams and i just didn't find these names because these are common Pakistani names that's the reason i have asked this question. Thanks for response :)

I believe for misbah i used his last name Haq as the commentary name.

I noted that the stubble looks little odd when the player have long nose. Before updation it was not visible, but I noticed this only after updated to v0.99.

Irfan.jpg

Sorry if I'm banging on about skills/attributes but noticed some default and players people have created have high flipper and slider ratings when they infact finger spinners, who can't bowl the delivery. Also surely it would make sense for a finger spinner such as swann not to have a leg break rating as he has probably never bowled one. It would ruin the game for me if swann suddenly bowled me with one spinning the other way.

That Irfan Pathan looks pretty spot-on to me!

Sorry if I'm banging on about skills/attributes but noticed some default and players people have created have high flipper and slider ratings when they infact finger spinners, who can't bowl the delivery. Also surely it would make sense for a finger spinner such as swann not to have a leg break rating as he has probably never bowled one. It would ruin the game for me if swann suddenly bowled me with one spinning the other way.

Good point. However, can't off spinners bowl an "arm ball" which like the flipper, goes straight on?

I pointed this out to some idiots at the cricket once who were sledging Yardy "bowl a flipper Yardy", next guy "I bet he can't bowl a flipper". I turned to my mates and said "off spinners can't bowl flippers".

Anyway, pointless side story so to stay on topic... Chris Gayle.

Yeah there is an armball rating too, which is great for offspinners. Suppose I just thought you should not have the option for flipper or slider if the bowler is an offspinner. I think people will be creating spinners who will be able to bowl every type of spinning delivery possible, which is not realistic.

When I gave swann his skills I rated his offspin and armball as high, then rated his leg break, flipper and slider as zero. I hope you guys feel the same, or we are going to see some strange deliveries from orthodox spinners.

Also Ross said skills/attributes for players are subjective, which makes me think he believes the default settings are fine, but swann having a higher leg break rating than off break is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
Looking at the names it seems like the initials match between the real and fake players but that's about it. It's not like previous games where S. Waugh because S. War, so something similar but different. In this game it could just as likely be S. Westfield.

With the linking feature though, it doesn't really matter though, and besides the statistics give away who all the players are anyway.

When I try to save a Portable Network Graphics of my Player card, It crashes.

Hi Ross,

couple of thoughts as I've had more of a look at match type designer:

1) notice a "ball company" - will there be other companies added other than Big Ant and will the different balls behave differently or is it purely "visual" as hinted at by the category?

2)it might be late now, but it would be great in DLC / future years' versions to have an option for covered/uncovered pitches and for this to affect the pitch deterioration in multi-day matches... just to make "old" matches really different.

--------

an unrelated query - I asked before about whether the stadium altitude would affect how the ball carried (e.g. higher altitude bigger hit distance) due to having gravity in the ball physics. you said that you implemented differences based on longitude/latitude but you didn't think altitude would affect it but would check. I don't think I saw an answer (sorry if I missed) and was just wondering if you could confirm that yet?

1) notice a "ball company" - will there be other companies added other than Big Ant and will the different balls behave differently or is it purely "visual" as hinted at by the category

Hi Ross, I'll take this one...

Hi Dave, can I call you Blocker? Blocker, TGGI Inc. has signed a lucrative licensing deal with BigAnt Studios which covers a broad range of our product spectrum. One of the most exciting products that we're thrilled to be announcing for cricket players is our "Biggs Balls" product. In DBC14 you'll be able to select our officially licensed TGGI Biggs Ball which not only behaves very differently to traditional balls but also contains quite a different visual property as hinted at in the beta. So you'll know physically and visually when playing the game that you have your hands on one of Biggs' Balls.

Hi Ross,

I downloaded the 0.99a update this morning and in the 0.99 beta I had linked 4 pages of players based on their player statistics section under the test section stats but then when I downloaded the 0.99a update it seemed to re put the old default players back in but still had the players I had previously linked.
So for example their was S.Tendulkar then S.Timu with the same stats then R.Ponting and R.Potter with the same statistics where as in the 0.99 it was Tendulkar then Ponting.

Hope that makes sense just wanting to know if this is an issue or not with whether the "link" is still their or if I have to re link all those players I did again.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread