Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Hi Ross,

I downloaded the 0.99a update this morning and in the 0.99 beta I had linked 4 pages of players based on their player statistics section under the test section stats but then when I downloaded the 0.99a update it seemed to re put the old default players back in but still had the players I had previously linked.
So for example their was S.Tendulkar then S.Timu with the same stats then R.Ponting and R.Potter with the same statistics where as in the 0.99 it was Tendulkar then Ponting.

Hope that makes sense just wanting to know if this is an issue or not with whether the "link" is still their or if I have to re link all those players I did again.

Thanks.

In the game directory there should be a save file backed up for you that would be something similar to this:

"backup.099-099a.1.CAS000.SAV"

If there is, then delete your "CAS000.SAV" file and rename "backup.099-099a.1.CAS000.SAV" to "CAS000.SAV"

Then download and run the just listed update and the save file will be correctly updated to 0.99a.

small bug that was present in version .99 but forgot to mention.

after all the linking is done, when i try to upload the team only 1-2 players get uploaded from the team. went and saw it on the server when i press view players in the team. i had to go back and press upload again to get the whole team on the server.

happens the very first time i upload a team after finishing the linking.

----------

to see an example check out the 2nd most popular india team by sahil. only two players inside the team. my guess is he did not check the team after uploading. next time he uploads/overwrites, all the players will showup

Another issue....

The batting lineup doesn't get transferred to the default team as expected after team linking. The battng lineup all gets messed up

Last edit :P.....

Any way to tell FROM the team window on the server how complete the teams are? Whether teams have batting lineups...multiple uniforms...stats etc...before downloading

Last edited:
@israr Didn't check the team. My bad. Will do so today after I'm back from my college. Yet to install the 0.99a update too. Thanks for letting me know that thing about the team.

But the CA does say 'uploading xyz' or 'updating xyz' (whatever it is, don't quite remember) for every single player in the team. Remember this bug getting in in the initial versions (a fix for which wiped out my entire MI team off the server n off my PC). Hope Ross helps.

Last edited:
One question which may not be able to be answered at this point in time in relation to batting orders...

In the full game, will we be able to choose the batting order that the CPU uses? For example, if we're playing England in a T20, we would want to make sure we are playing against the T20 team and not the Test team.

Also, are we restricted to the batting orders created in the Academy, or do they just act as a default base from which we can further chop and change?

One question which may not be able to be answered at this point in time in relation to batting orders...

In the full game, will we be able to choose the batting order that the CPU uses? For example, if we're playing England in a T20, we would want to make sure we are playing against the T20 team and not the Test team.

Also, are we restricted to the batting orders created in the Academy, or do they just act as a default base from which we can further chop and change?

Hope there's some system in place by which the CPU selects the batting order in tours & tournaments by assessing the conditions. May be like assign 15 of the 30 players a Test status and the CPU selects 11 out of them based on the conditions. That'd make it all interesting in the big competitions like the World Cup.

@israr Didn't check the team. My bad. Will do so today after I'm back from my college. Yet to install the 0.99a update too. Thanks for letting me know that thing about the team.

But the CA does say 'uploading xyz' or 'updating xyz' (whatever it is, don't quite remember) for every single player in the team. Remember this bug getting in in the initial versions (a fix for which wiped out my entire MI team off the server n off my PC). Hope Ross helps.

Yes it does show the updating for each players. But interestingly, it only uploads a certain player if the overwrite message for that players pop up. So if you keep pressing overwrite this player for all 25 , then all of them get uploaded. But if you select "overwrite and dont ask again" then only that player and players before that gets uploaded.

I selected overwrite for morkel (he got uploaded first) and then selected "overwrite and dont ask again" for the next player kallis. Only morkel and kallis got uploaded from the team even though it showed all the players being uploaded.

Yes it does show the updating for each players. But interestingly, it only uploads a certain player if the overwrite message for that players pop up. So if you keep pressing overwrite this player for all 25 , then all of them get uploaded. But if you select "overwrite and dont ask again" then only that player and players before that gets uploaded.

I selected overwrite for morkel (he got uploaded first) and then selected "overwrite and dont ask again" for the next player kallis. Only morkel and kallis got uploaded from the team even though it showed all the players being uploaded.

Great find, mate. On to get the entire team up once I'm on my PC tonight.

After linking the players i went to the default team's roster to delete some of the extra players who i do not have counterparts for (default team had 30 players while i created 25 only). Problem is it is not letting me to remove most of the players. There are no "remove from team" option for most of them. It is quite random regarding who it will let me remove and who it wont. Only one among those 5 extra players are removable while the rest only has an "add player" option.

After linking the players i went to the default team's roster to delete some of the extra players who i do not have counterparts for (default team had 30 players while i created 25 only). Problem is it is not letting me to remove most of the players. There are no "remove from team" option for most of them. It is quite random regarding who it will let me remove and who it wont. Only one among those 5 extra players are removable while the rest only has an "add player" option.

Check the batting order? If a player is in a Starting XI then they can't be removed - can only be removed if they are players 13-30
If they aren't in a Starting XI, then that does seem odd

ah ok. thanks. makes sense

btw...any idea what to do when i accidentally unshare a team? lost all the ratings of the team and assocoated players

ah ok. thanks. makes sense

btw...any idea what to do when i accidentally unshare a team? lost all the ratings of the team and assocoated players

As in the players ratings when back to 0? That is a bit worrying...

All the rating went back to the default 3.5 and team rating went back to the default 3. Oh well...gotta beg some people to rate them again :p i do wish unsharing was some function button away from everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread