Cricket Academy Now Available

@MattW In cricket accadamy for the batsman there is a option where we can change them as a top order- middle order- tailender
so jus want to know is this really affect the batsman when we play like top order and middle order will be better than tailenders?

I would say it would, as that's something that's been missing. I would also make the assumption that it directly affects how the AI uses that player. [/speculation]

A new update is now available that fixes the issues that people were having with the Overlay option
Anybody figure out how to move images in the overlay option? When I try move it just changes opacity

And this is also fixed (just a text issue, movement is correct in match), and the person responsible has been laughed at:
Description for 'Leg Break' is wrong. It says leg break turns into the right hander, where in it should turn away from right hander.

Again - we welcome your feedback on all those things, as we want to make sure that the descriptions are clear, and that you can all understand what the intention of the skills are.

I think there should be consistency/Mental toughness skill for a batsmen which reflects how a batsmen plays under pressure/how wreckless he is and how consistently he scores big runs. Same should be applied for bowler as well

More over skill randomize shouldn't be that consistent with the skills , I think there should be more variation in skills distribution in order to create distinct players (for career mode players generation ofcourse)

Also there should be swing/seam type and not just general rating , like inswing / out swing ,offcutter/leg cutter.

Also batsmen should have VS Skills rating which determines their strength/weaknesses against specific type bowling
like VS Swing attribute , VS Pace Attribute and VS Spin Attribute (Again very handy for career mode)

Last edited:
Again - we welcome your feedback on all those things, as we want to make sure that the descriptions are clear, and that you can all understand what the intention of the skills are.
Sorry to be a douche, but...

That doesn't actually say it's going to be fixed - description or in game... in DBC14 the AI spinners either bowl their stock ball going the wrong way or a very high proportion of wronguns. I hope this is sorted in 17

I think there should be consistency/Mental toughness skill for a batsmen which reflects how a batsmen plays under pressure/how wreckless he is and how consistently he scores big runs. Same should be applied for bowler as well
That comes from the Batting/Bowling mentality.

More over skill randomize shouldn't be that consistent with the skills
Again, part of this is down to mentality. Change those around and notice how different the random skills end up - the idea is that the random skills have some logic to how they are applied to a particular type of player.

As you get closer to a 100 rating, you'll naturally have less variation.

That doesn't actually say it's going to be fixed - description or in game
Erm:
And this is also fixed (just a text issue, movement is correct in match)

That comes from the Batting/Bowling mentality.

Again, part of this is down to mentality. Change those around and notice how different the random skills end up - the idea is that the random skills have some logic to how they are applied to a particular type of player.

As you get closer to a 100 rating, you'll naturally have less variation.

Erm:

Apologies I thought it referred to the bit above not below. Thanks

On that, I'm not sure what 'special delivery' skill does? Is it the same for all kind of spin bowlers or does it differ?

I'm not sure what 'special delivery' skill does?

I imagine it's much like a "finishing move" in the 2K WWE games?

Once Trent Boults 'special delivery meter' is full he hits a Rock Bottom on the opposing batsman, followed by a peoples elbow, grabs the bat and shines it real good, turns the bat sideways and.... well you know the rest...

Does anyone know how to adjust image scale and rotate on a laptop without the mouse scroll?

I took the Special Delivery skill to be the other deliveries not shown (googlie, doosra) etc. Maybe they are something you have to earn in career as your skill increases.

Is there a possibility the randomize option can be available in the player creation phase? I'm making my comedy teams again this year and it's a lot quicker to have this feature.

It really is irritating when you have a limit of like 78/90 on sliders. Why cant the limit just be 100 for everything? Its difficult to gauge how good a player is at the glance shot out of /78 !?

Users who are viewing this thread