Cricket Academy Now Available

Great stuff Mark :lol

I would have some metal/rock, tempted to have Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush with a little Haka dance on the way to the crease. :)

...you need to make that your signature.
Ah! you beat me.

14ydzz.jpg

Its RB and LB to scroll through and A and D on keyboard controls to skip to the next letter batch..
Thanks...that helps a bit. It is still a little tedious to scroll though even though you can jump to the next starting letter.

@BigAntStudios As with this release i will like to ask to improve the menu interface, don't mind if I write names of recent EA Sports Fifa series, having a brighter attractive menu interface with a light background, without involving motion graphics. So if DBC17 comes with slightly better interface, then sure many would like it.
One more thing to add, please try to keep the PC requirement same as of DBC14, to tell you, I Bought a new PC and GPU enough to run that game, because i was having too low end PC before that. My dream is to play DBC17.... On same system, as with release of Academy my pc performance for that particular DBC17 is not as good as for DBC14

@BigAntStudios As with this release i will like to ask to improve the menu interface, don't mind if I write names of recent EA Sports Fifa series, having a brighter attractive menu interface with a light background, without involving motion graphics. So if DBC17 comes with slightly better interface, then sure many would like it.
One more thing to add, please try to keep the PC requirement same as of DBC14, to tell you, I Bought a new PC and GPU enough to run that game, because i was having too low end PC before that. My dream is to play DBC17.... On same system, as with release of Academy my pc performance for that particular DBC17 is not as good as for DBC14

:facepalm

1. Menu interface will surely be changed. It's just the initial days. They will keep developing and adding stuffs to the academy till the release. If you want to know how it will look like at the end of the day, you can just take a look at RLL3 and CPL16. DBC 17 will have similar or better interface.
2. DBC 17 will surely require better specs than DBC 14. If the academy isn't running well, then You may have to try decreasing the resolution.

I had earlier suggested to include 3 skills for batsmen

1 Timing
2 Placement
3 Consistency

I noticed that currently in academy when we can allocate skills for individual shots. (cover drive, pull etc) and also for how good a batsmen is on the offside and onside.

Since we are allocating skills to shots we don't need a separate skill for each side of the wicket. A Player good at cover drive automatically is able to play well on the offside so on and so forth. So the skills allocated to different shots should define how well the player is on either side of the wicket.

It would however add a lot of depth if onside offside skills are replaced with timing, placement and consistency

Last edited:
I guess we'll never know...
And.......unpredictability?

Which leads neatly to the following: I have been learning aboriginy and have learnt that "boo" means to return, as in boomerang...because if you throw an ordinairy merang.......:)

Users who are viewing this thread