Cricket Academy Now Available

if only my system was up to it.

Finally got it working...

Pong.png

can we please have the following skills for the batsmen in the academy

1. Timing
2. Placement
3. Consistency

This would mean bigger timing meters for batsmen particularly good at it and players with higher placement skill more likely to find the gaps. We have strength in the game for power players like Gayle and Dhoni. Timing and placement would benefit more orthodox players like Amla, Kohli who are less powerful but equally effective.

Consistency for a batsmen is also very important as some players even though very good aren't consistent Eg. Maxwell & Rohit sharma. Where as some players are very consistent like Kohli, Joe Root etc

Last edited:
The new academy is good but the players look more artificial tbh.Hope so the final version will be some what realistic.
I feel that there is an ea like touch in the academy.

I have downloaded the academy yesterday and I tried to login but it said "the academy sharing service service is not available" So i waited till evening got no luck. Even now it still says the same problem I see other people able to login, is it me doing something wrong???

High end computers so overrated

...you'll also note my controller is built-in, chromed and knobbed. Keyboard still not required.

...you'll also note my controller is built-in, chromed and knobbed. Keyboard still not required.

I noticed you have two knobs, so deluxe version of DBC and showing off to boot. No keyboard needed? Well you have two knobs, so hardly surprising really...

On topic - err Club grounds rock..

I noticed you have two knobs, so deluxe version of DBC and showing off to boot. No keyboard needed? Well you have two knobs, so hardly surprising really...

On topic - err Club grounds rock..
Pong is special but does only have one knob...his/her sister on the otherhand.....wow....

Hi,guys.Need help .I downloaded DBC 17 demo.I know I don't have minimum requirents i. e .Graphics Card is less.It shows me the error message "failed to create suitable graphics device".Is there anything u can do to bypass this check.I hope there must be some way...Thankss

Just now i had noticed i also have not minimum requirements of DBC 14 but the game runs smoothly without crashing yet.
Exactly same problem with me bro.I can run DBC 14 yet my PC doesn't meet minmum requirements.

Watched a couple of youtube videos of DBC17 Academy showing the player creator and skills attributes. If it's possible one feedback would be to have a slider for gameplay categories a la Madden. Am using Madden as an example as @BigAntStudios (Ross) was involved with it some time back. What I mean is that along with the current player skills/attributes sliders if we can have sliders for say the following categories it would help users customize the game to their liking...

AI Batting Difficulty Level
User Batting Difficulty Level
AI Bowling Difficulty Level
User Bowling Difficulty Level
AI Edge Frequency
User Edge Frequency
AI Fielding
User Fielding
AI Catching
User Catching

...and so on so forth. Thus I can tweak the attributes to my liking and tailor the gameplay to get optimal user experience. This essentially would allow users to create their own 'Franco' patch without re-coding or tweaking the core game. I'm a big fan of sliders to adjust the core gameplay and I'm hoping DBC franchise takes that route. @MattW, if this approach is feasible to be implemented in the Academy by the time game launches, do give it a consideration as using this approach I can have the AI Batting set at 16/20 slider setting (Veteran), have AI Bowling at 10/20 (Pro), User Bowling at 18/20 (close to Legend) and AI Bowling at 8/20 (nearish Pro) rather than being forced to use the same difficulty level for all aspects of the gameplay.

This approach would allow users to configure difficulty settings in small increments rather than in big steps the way it is now (e.g., Amateur to Pro) and also tweak elements such as 'Edge Frequency'. Let users figure out what gameplay settings they want to have rather using generic 'one setting fits all' approach we have in DBC14.

Users who are viewing this thread