Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

Finally a good game personally this season! 30 with 7 boundaries (bowler took a fantastic c&b to get rid of me...) and then 3-38 bowling off-spin!! Shame we lost by 2 wickets with 2 balls remaining though. :(

Not good enough Stevie! If you'd have bowled better they wouldn't have had 2 wickets left! Tut tut! ;)

i had a match on saturday, my team batted first and i came in to bat at number 6 i got my highest score - 43 :D i was ran out though, my partner didnt run
we got 201 all out but could have been alot more if i wasnt run out lol ;)

we carried on playing in the rain even though it was hammering it down but our captain wouldnt take us off because we had a good chance of winning, we lost by 2 wickets :(

if we had got an extra 20 or 30 runs, we should have won easily

this is the first year i have played senior cricket. i play wisbech 4ths. i have played all 5 games this year and we have only lost one. i have taken 14 wickets and took my best figures on saturday 8-2-20-4. i also play at my age group which is under 15 and can't take a wicket.

Seeing as I haven't been around for a while, I will give you a quick update on my season thus far.

I've played about 10 games now, and it's not been a very good start. With the bat I keep getting starts and then getting out, which is starting to get frustrating, but I will sort it out sooner or later. With the ball, I feel the unluckiest man alive. I don't feel like I've bowled poorly at all, I just can't seem to get wickets at the moment. I have 5 I think. Oh well, at least my fielding is top, with 10 catches already!

Ciao for now!

Had a game last thursday, wasn't picked for it.

Me being the clever bloke I am :p I turned up in me whites and got to play as loads of people dropped out. I didn't get to do a lot which was annoying, but we won by 80 runs and are top of the league. Got a friendly game on thursday, probably will be cancelled due to the torrential rain lol.

I play for Horsford in Norfolk.
I play for the Seconds this season.
I've had a decent start to the season, my keepings been pretty good this year, the batting hasnt kicked on as I would have liked, but plenty of time yet.

10?! Where do you field?

Usually point or cover, but I end up being moved to slips/gully when were on top, although I don't like fielding there very much.

I've had a few of those games where the ball just follows you stevie. Haven't put one down yet (touch wood)! Two games this weekend so will report back.

Etherley CC, destroyed yet again today by Shildon BR our overseas pro finally turned up today and to be honest I'm disappointed.

although a character building experience getting trounced week in week out is getting soul destroying. its 11 lads getting more and more visibility depressed, our opening bowlers have gone to get paid at other clubs and so has our number 3, we're about shafted.

I recently played my first match for my new club, and I got 1* (Im 8th in the order) and i bowled 4 overs and conceeded 12 runs and 0 wickets:(
I play for a team in Devon called Filleigh. And I also have a League match on Wednesday.

nice one Arslaan

Only just started going back to my club, they were impressed with my fielding, made a supreme backwards somersault to take a catch, and i had the most accruate throw. All we did was fielding but being it my first time back in like a year i am loving it. Was in nets all week before and starting to get loads of swing, i think we had a game today but they weren't allowed to chooose me lol. In nets nxt week, hoping to impress. Thats all for now:p

Users who are viewing this thread