Cricket Coach - Bugs thread

Oh my! The number of bugs in this game are far too many to mention. However, I must say that I have enjoyed playing this game, but I will pay no more that ?5 for this. As has already been mentioned, there is no training scheme, and the tactics section is just team selection! Atleast let me chose the field!!

If this game was free, I'd like it. But ?19.00 is FAR too much.

Briggsey said:
Noticed something else from that screenie.

Why has it suddenly finished during the morning session of the final day?

Lunch?

It says the game is over despite Sri Lanka being no where near the target required, and the amount of overs left in the day is 0, something not quite right there if you ask me.

I think, with due credit to the developers of CC, that this game just makes us realise how good Battrick is and the amount of effort put into it. It's amazing, and its a game that can be played over a long term; also its free. CC needs to improve, really improve.

EDIT: Hell, now I can't even play the game!! When I click continue (to proceed to the match), the whole thing crashes.

Why are Australia so bad? I decided the play with them and all my batsman just got out easily on one of the flattest pitches ever.

because this is Cricket Coach thats why.

newzolt said:
I too get the same error saying:
XtreamLok Alert
DLL Loading Problem
or
Debugger Detected
or
Integrity Violated

any suggestions plz.

Does this error has something to do with icc 2005 installed on the pc which also uses the softwrap technology?

I actually fixed that by redownloading the game and then tried to play and it work pity it just crashes after about 20 overs of bowling.

Lets Not start talking about ICC 2005 here,

I think that the settings need to be adjusted a bit. There is far too much giant killing so far as I can see. As an example, Autoplaying, in my first game, Australia were bowled out for 365 in their first innings, and Bangladesh went on to score nearly 500 in their first innings. Then , in my first one-dayer, also autoplaying, Bangladesh chased down 291 for the loss of one wicket. I have noticed too that in one dayers, the scores and aggression settings for Autoplay are all out of whack. I Autoplayed several ODD b/w Victoria other aussie states, and 5 times out of 6, the scores for the first innings were pathetic to be honest. One time I scored 98 for 3 in 50 overs, another 121/0, each time i was chased down in less than 20 overs. Even experimenting with setting different aggression levels before autoplaying had no effect (the 98/3 was made with full aggression set before autoplaying)

And also I find that by and large in first class matches, bat is incredibly dominant. Literally in 2 or 3 out of every 4 matches, a batsman would score eith a 150+, a 200 or even a triple hundred, which is way too frequent to be realistic. Add to this then fact that for me, autoplaying, at least 4 out of every 5 matches ended as draws.

I also agree with those making the comments that the squads are a little unrealistic at times, like DI Venuto playing for Aus.

One thing to point out specifically though, is that all the coaches are players in the game. John Buchanan is available in Australia's pool of players, Greg Shipperd, the Victoria coach, is listed as one of their players etc. This is something that ought to be addressed.

I also found a bug where it seemed in all my first class matches, while bowling, when I put on my fourth bowler, the game would immediately crash, and the one time this did not happen, it crashed when i put on my fifth bowler.

As an aside, I also found way too many of the main international performers, like Warne, McGrath, Kumble, and also Stuart Clark all announced their retirements within a month of the game starting.

There are other bugs that I have found, that have been reported by others already, like the OD bowling thing about saying the allocation has already been used, and the select side screen disappearing after you go into a players profile.

Also, I am disappointedin the lack fo any ability to coach players, and the inability so far as I can see, to change your field settings. Also, the match screen is not particularly user friendly in my opinion. The fact that you cannot see the detailed scorecard, or the falls of wickets, or the full bowling card whilst in the middle of the match makes it a little difficult to work out what you want to do, and for me, a person who likes to look at cards of other matches, makes it very difficult to work out what had been going on.

Now, in closing, to be honest, I think that at its core, this is a well constructed game, and I very much enjoy the aspect of all domestic teams from around the world. But, I think at the moment, this game is incredibly buggy, and I have to say it has the most transparent bugs of any game I have ever played, (and not to criticise, but I do find it hard to believe that none of these issues came up in testing), and it definitely needs a lot of work before I would be willing to spend any money on it. BUT, if all these issues were sorted out, and I'm glad you guys are willing to work on things, I would be glad to purchase it (although I think 20 quid for the softwrap is a bit much, especially when you have stated the retail will be only 10). At the moment, I would say that ICC kicks Cricket COaches ass in every respect except for the amount of domestic cricket available, but that Cricket Coach has the potential to kick ICCs ass in EVERY respect, so long as the bugs are worked through, and a couple of featrues, such as changing field positions, and coaching are added (after all, it IS called CricketCoach)

Very buggy indeed. 4 times that the game has closed because of an .exe problem!

I was also very disappointed with the gameplay. I made 7 about 800 del. with Ponting reaching 250 and about 200 of them were from boundries. Watched Gilly make his 150 in about 280 balls and over 200 of the balls I had full aggression and also watched Lee make his 100* with MacGill making 70*.

Also the bowling is extremely disappointing. About 15 overs with 1 fast bowler is too unrealistic, and no addition of Field Settings was disappointing. But everytime I take 5 wickets (about) it seems to close because of the .exe problem.

I was excited about the amount of features this game had but I don't think I'll be getting this. It seems like a half finished game.

Dez said:
How did you fix the error message aus?
Close all windows before playing it

Drewska said:
Why are Australia so bad? I decided the play with them and all my batsman just got out easily on one of the flattest pitches ever.
Because you didn't bat well with them.

Users who are viewing this thread