Cricket Heroes - Officially Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll install Wine and test it out. It used to work, but that was many versions ago.

Cheers
K

I have tried it using crossover on Mac. Doesn't work unfortunately.

:( Any chance it threw an error that I could look at?

The game crashed on the first loading screen. That's all I remember. If you want me to try a debug build that would give a verbose log while loading, I can try it again.

Hmm, it should be quite verbose now...which version of CH did you try?

Pretty old. Around Mid-April.I will try the latest one later today or tomorrow and report back.

@kurtkz: ok i almost got it to work with Wine, however i think some parameters need adjusting and im not sure which ones.

Currently, im getting the error popup alert:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: Z:/\Users\xxx\Downloads\Full\Cricket.exe
R6030
-CRT not initialized

Theres also a option in wine now to export windows programs as mac apps, you might want to try that and see if it works too?

Thanks

----------

UPDATE: Instead of trying to run the cricket.exe directly as mentioned above, i tried to import the whole folder where cricket.exe was and save it as an app bundle.

I then ran the app bundle, it gives me a message saying that i have to select some setting options for the first time only. I press ok, it brings up some options such as disable audio, fix gamepad support etc... then i click on Play!

However, it returns to the begining of the loop and again shows dialogue saying i have to select options for the first time only etc... it keeps going through this loop and never comes out!

Hmmm...interesting...any chance you could set "User permissions mode" and then test again? I'll install Wine at the office tomorrow and see if I can bundle the entire thing as a Mac app...:spy

Hmmm...interesting...any chance you could set "User permissions mode" and then test again? I'll install Wine at the office tomorrow and see if I can bundle the entire thing as a Mac app...:spy

Yep i did try that, in fact checked all of them individually each round but no difference.

Hopefully you might be able to get it working with the correct settings in bundling the app under wine.

thanks

Platforms

Hi dustinedan2,

you'll need to install .NET 2 framework. Once I make a proper installer for the game, I'll include the framework to make installing easier.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6523

Cheers
K

Dear Sir,
I am new in this forum and heard Cricket heroes for the first time in my life. Tried to play it but got some sort of an error, so did not continue. Now read your posts and found it interesting.
I would like to ask you, If this game is available on Xbox & PS consoles. Please let me know.
Thank you

Dear Sir,
I am new in this forum and heard Cricket heroes for the first time in my life. Tried to play it but got some sort of an error, so did not continue. Now read your posts and found it interesting.
I would like to ask you, If this game is available on Xbox & PS consoles. Please let me know.
Thank you

Nope. PC only at the moment.

@nzfksa007: Any chance you could post the error you're getting please? I'd be happy to work with you to resolve it so that you can play the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread