Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@itay128: Sorry to ask this of you again, but is there any chance you can send me a saved game where it crashes when viewing player records, please?

Hi everyone,

apologies for the delays - I haven't managed to reproduce some of the bugs reported, so I'm going to send patches to some of the testers tomorrow to get some feedback. If all is well, I'll release the update and then start working on career mode...

Cheers
K

I've been busy so not able to play it as I'd have liked to. Will definitely be running a league soon using this, also I've posted in the League section so that people can use this.

@User2010: No worries mate :) Thanks for the exposure. I still need to tweak the simulation more and I need to redo the commentary engine...I'll actually fix that before I start career mode. Completely forgot about that :facepalm

@kurtkz: Got this crash log while after copying the files from the latest patch (emailed to me) and opening the executable
RUN @ 1/06/2012 22:35:44

VERSION: 1.47
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricket Heroes\data\names.bdb'.

STACK TRACE: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.NameManager.Load(String filename) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\NameManager.cs:line 59
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2751

@dutchad: I'll upload the texture pack later tonight (it's 22MB). That should fix up the stalling issue on your machine.
Great. Will give it another go.

Did you upload them already Kurt? If so where can I find them!? Thanks for your efforts. If I can get it to work I willd efinitely be pre/ordering just because of your total commitment!

Last edited by a moderator:
@itay128: Aaah crap, I forgot to give you the updated data files. Apologies, I'll upload them tomorrow morning.

@Dutchad: Thanks for the kind words :) Not yet, sorry - I'll upload it tomorrow morning and pop you a PM when it's done.

Played an exhibition (not a quick game) between Australia and Afghanistan @ MCG, I was Australia
Code:
RUN @ 2/06/2012 4:31:52 PM

VERSION: 1.46
PROFILE: Xfactor

Parameter name: key

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.get_Height()
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

@dutchad (And everyone else): The texture pack is now up. Extract it into the texture folder and it should hopefully fix the stalling issue. It will help everyone else too - the game creates the texture the first time you play with a certain team. This removes that step, so games should start faster...

Code:
RUN @ 02-Jun-12 3:01:59 PM

VERSION: 1.46
PROFILE: User2010

STACK TRACE:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
   at Utility.XML.XMLParser.Parse(String filename)
   at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.LoadSpriteSheet(String filename)
   at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet..ctor(String filename)
   at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.AddSpriteSheet(String key)
   at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.GetSpriteSheet(String key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Got this error. Was trying to play a quick match. It was Zimbabwe vs some team. I selected the opening bowler Ray Price and it crashed. I did download the texture pack above and pasted the files in the texture folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread