Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaah you might need to redownload it. That was incorrectly versioned but I reuploaded after that. I'll have a look for the patch quickly.

Ok, I will re-download and try again. Thanks.

@sorrydaijin: Does the game crash at any point or does it just hang? Can you check the error.log file in the game's folder please?

The last 5 lines of the log say:

(02:19:31.0093568) [.] MESSAGE: Loaded sprite: loader (1 animations)
(02:19:31.0853665) [!] ERROR : CREATE FONT -> ?????????????????????
(02:19:32.1400004) [.] MESSAGE: Loaded texture: .\textures\pitch.png
(02:19:32.1415006) [.] MESSAGE: Loaded animation: base (1 frames)
(02:19:32.1430008) [.] MESSAGE: Loaded sprite: pitch (1 animations)

That 2nd line is filled with Japanese that basically means:
(02:19:31.0853665) [!] ERROR : CREATE FONT -> The parameter used is not valid.

@sorrydaijin: I wonder if it's not something to do with the locale - is there any chance you can switch it to English to test it?

@dancingmongoose: Are you using patch 2.17? If not, can you give that one a try? It disables GLSL which, I think, might be causing the black screen.

I grabbed the latest version off the site and then the latest patch from this thread. Pretty sure it's 2.17
And I only downloaded it a day or 2 ago

I changed the locale to US, but can't change the UI language from Japanese as I am not using Win7 Ultimate.

It seems that the same error occurred and when I tried to minimize the frozen window, the PC blue-screened. I use this PC for work too so I will refrain from running it on this for now.

I wonder if it will run on my 7-yr-old laptop that I am about to replace...

OK. Up and running on my crappy XP laptop (also Japanese). I only had time to play 4 or 5 overs but it was fun. Lara slapped 17 off my first over + 5 wides, but I tightened things up once I got the knack of it. I may have skipped a screen, but it would be nice to know the pitch conditions before the toss if that isn't in there.

Anyway, I look forward to playing around with it some more if I have time tomorrow.

I think you should have waited for IPL teams as they will be many changes till start of it.
And by Indian domestic means you have done the Ranji & all or just some top 30 players.

I haven't done Indian domestic. I said I did Indian players and the IPL. And yeah, it's like the top 30 players. I didn't really need to do them since they're all in the IPL anyway (except like one).

And it's easy enough to add and remove players, I just wanted to get the basic squads in. I'll probably update them when all the squads are confirmed.

And it just means people can play the IPL if they want, for those who can't wait for the actual thing to start.

@dancingmongoose & Pat: Apologies guys, I need to re-upload but just haven't found time yet. I'll try to get a new release out this weekend.

@sorrydaijin: Sorry about the BSOD :/ but I'm glad you got it working on your other laptop :) Hopefully I'll have speed issues sorted out for the next release.

@farhans: We're not doing the more complex leagues just yet. That being said, hedger's covered just about all the major leagues which is a pretty significant achievement :)

Just yet? I'm not doing them at all :p

The West Indies domestic league is the only other league I'm doing. And tbf, Cricket Coach is the only game that has all the leagues included. Otherwise, there are more domestic leagues in this game than any others (AUS, ENG, SAF, NZL, ZIM, WI, and the IPL and BPL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread