Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Allrounder18: Unfortunately not, models and animations are expensive (and by expensive, I mean thousands of US$ expensive) and I don't have the funds.

EDIT:

To put the costs into perspective:

Cheap 3D modelers charge around $25-$40/hr. Low poly models often take a few hours to complete including texturing. For 1 rigged, unanimated model that comes to around $80-$100. Animations take anywhere from 30min to 1.5hr depending on complexity and the reference material. Each model has around 8 animations (batsman/bowlers have many more). That puts us at around $320 for animation. Doing some maths:

Cost/model = $80 + $320 = $400

That's for a low poly model with simple animations. Multiply that by the number of models in the game (batsman, bowler/fielder, keeper, umpire) and we get $3,200 (note: this a best-case scenario and you'll be lucky to get the work done at this cost). I can afford to pay that, assuming I don't eat for a few months and forgo showering :)

Keep in mind that that's for a low poly model. Hires models like you find in EA Cricket/Codies games are likely to cost 5-10x as much. I hope this clarifies why I've taken the route I have ;)

Last edited:
Or you inflate the price of the game incredibly high.

Testing the new patch now

Or that :P

I'd love to do a Kickstarter for this game, but unfortunately it's not supported here in good ol' SA. I'm currently in talks with Buko to do an enhanced version (new UI, models, animations) via a Kickstarter project run by them, but that will only happen after I release this version. IF we decide to take the project further, all those who've already pre-ordered will receive the enhanced version for free.

Got a question about the achievements. I saw somewhere (I think it was your site) that said they can be stored online. How so? And what happens when you fill up the bar down the bottom, I mean, what's supposed to happen cause I've got 3733/3100 and the bar just keeps going and going and going...

----------

Oh wow, I started a new Sheffield Shield series and simmed the first game (cause I wasn't in it) and now Cricket Heroes is gone. Just gone. Crashed without letting me know

@dancingmongoose: Hmm, looks like a bug with the achievements. I think it may be double-counting. I'm still fighting with my web host to get my online DB & web service running again. Been fighting with them for 2 weeks now :mad

I'll also check out the sim bug.

@Allrounder18: Unfortunately not, models and animations are expensive (and by expensive, I mean thousands of US$ expensive) and I don't have the funds.

EDIT:

To put the costs into perspective:

Cheap 3D modelers charge around $25-$40/hr. Low poly models often take a few hours to complete including texturing. For 1 rigged, unanimated model that comes to around $80-$100. Animations take anywhere from 30min to 1.5hr depending on complexity and the reference material. Each model has around 8 animations (batsman/bowlers have many more). That puts us at around $320 for animation. Doing some maths:

Cost/model = $80 + $320 = $400

That's for a low poly model with simple animations. Multiply that by the number of models in the game (batsman, bowler/fielder, keeper, umpire) and we get $3,200 (note: this a best-case scenario and you'll be lucky to get the work done at this cost). I can afford to pay that, assuming I don't eat for a few months and forgo showering :)

Keep in mind that that's for a low poly model. Hires models like you find in EA Cricket/Codies games are likely to cost 5-10x as much. I hope this clarifies why I've taken the route I have ;)

:COUGH I AM FREE HERE...... :wave :D :p ;)

----------

my specs are...
Win xp
Pentium 4
1gb ram
2gb ATI RADEON 5450

@Ashu: I'm still waiting on your animations ;)

Well I have done some bowling animation in 3d studio max using Biped model (It was Abdul Razzaq action replica) when I was a teenager , back 5/6 years ago and trust me that was better than the current bowling animation in this game.
I can animate the model for you if you want :)

Thanks, guys. If you'd like to collaborate, maybe PM Ashu54. The game will be released regardless, though.

EDIT: Keep in mind that Ashu will need to redo all the models and you'll need to redo all the animations, if you want to go this route ;)

Thanks, guys. If you'd like to collaborate, maybe PM Ashu54. The game will be released regardless, though.

EDIT: Keep in mind that Ashu will need to redo all the models and you'll need to redo all the animations, if you want to go this route ;)

Dunno If I can get the batting animation right but definitely can do a much better effor in animating a bowling action.

Agreed :) I chose a cheap option because it was all I could afford. I'm really hoping this game gets a good reception. I'd love to start a Kickstarter for this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread