Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio fix works, few bugs still though:

The pull shot is STILL late even when playing it before the bowler delivers
The fielders dive to field the ball which then dies about a metre behind them and it makes them look like an idiot
Too many perfectly timed straight drives hit the bowler's foot or just die as soon as they leave the pitch

Hi guys,

here's the next patch:

Download

- fixed lbw appeals
- tweaked career mode cameras
- added rankings to career mode
- tweaked training for career mode
- crappy programmer graphics for net mode
- old bat has more of an effect on gameplay in career mode
- added more nations to career mode (SA, Pak, Ban, Zim)
- added more surnames to career mode
- several small bug fixes
- new draft stadium model with flood lights
- added pitch ads and new advertising boards
- fixed bug in audio playback
- fixes for management mode
- Field can be edited in career mode when bowling
- when off-strike your run/return commands override the AI (you can force the AI to take a run now)
- tweaked fielding
- tweaked pull & straight drives
- tweaked display of pitch marker

Cheers, I'm off to bed.

Kurt

PS give it a few minutes to upload ;)

Code:
RUN @ 3/15/2013 5:11:32 PM

VERSION: 2.42
PROFILE: Parth

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.UpdateSheets() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 911
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.SwitchSpritesheet() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 1213
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.set_Role(PlayerRole value) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 771
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.ResetBowler() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11477
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.LoadGame(String filename, Boolean test) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 7876
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateNetPractice.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateNetPractice.cs:line 63
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 16880
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4047

Cant start the net practice mode :)

I could...

And the pull is better, dont think it's right yet though. And the game speed in the nets is no longer the speed of light thankfully

----------

Ah, are all the players in career mode meant to be in caps lock?

----------

Theres no marker in career mode batting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------

And the batsman cam NEEDS to be in front of the batsman. I hit the ball (i think) and the cam moved to follow it and ended up in head

----------

Ok, now I have the marker. Just didn't like me for the first over I faced. And the cam needs to always follow the ball when running in career mode.

And I love the stadium

----------

Oh and btw, at this level of cricket they probably use red balls for every format, I can't see the white one after hitting it out of the circle whatsoever

----------

Marker's gone again

----------

As a bowling all-rounder I was not one of the 6 bowlers used. And I should be able to pick lower order batsman for a bowling all-rounder

----------

- when off-strike your run/return commands override the AI (you can force the AI to take a run now)

Nope, doche bag of a partner ran me out. There was never a second there and despite my telling him to turn back we just kept on running

----------

I'm finally getting a bowl but I'm just a wireframe

----------

Good to see my bowling speed is normal again

----------

WTF! The keeper had it right next to the stumps and both batsmen were halfway down, so he throws it at the stumps less than a metre away and misses. In the real world the keeper would have just flicked the bails off.

----------

Dont know how a batsman can flick a yorker flipper for six over square leg, not with the animation for the shot anyway

----------

Another fail at throwing down the stumps from next to them, this time by my slip

----------

And another

----------

Douche bag got MOTM :(
He did score 50, and we did win but still... he's a douche

----------

My partner was just caught in the deep, we had crossed but I didn't get strike, the new guy did

----------

When I'm at the non strikers and the bowler goes around the wicket (or left arm over maybe, can't tell) the camera is inside my head

Robbed. Thats all I can say. I scored 29 and took 4/10 and we won yet I didn't get MOTM, a guy who took 3/24 and was bowled by me for 1 got it. At least I went from level 1 to 6 but really, I was MOTM. Saving now, that was incredible bowling

After my amazing performance I was injured for a week, now I'm apparently out for 14 weeks with some injury that I was never notified about. Now I'm missing the freaking final
Ok not final there's 2 rounds of group games

Last edited:
Just to confirm, if I pre-order this, I get all the updates and what not, yes?

Yep, you only put in your registration info once and it's automatic after that, including updates

Just to confirm, if I pre-order this, I get all the updates and what not, yes?

Yes you get all the updates, now and in future. Every feature is enabled.

I'd purchase but my wallet is too far away and I cbf getting up. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread