Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurt, the timing bar has gone mad... even when I play it just as bowler releases it shows Late...... Ok i'll post a vid to show you what the timing bar must be like... :thumbs

----------

Ok here's the file...

AShu Saxena
sorry had to upload here....:thumbs

@plexus & DM: I've managed to find the bug and have just fixed it.

@Ashu: Cool, but I don't want the timing bar to be integral to the gameplay. It should really only be an aid when you're learning the game. I know the other games have predetermined timing, i.e. there's a fixed "best time" to press the hit button. It doesn't quite work the same way in CH. In CH it's based on various factors, including the animation of the batsman. Each shot has a different number of frames which means that the timing bar will be different for each shot.

@Ashu: Can you upload the file elsewhere? 4shared doesn't play nicely with my ISP.

yeah it's the same in all EA releases each shot has different playing time i.e. if I play advanced shot,I have to play it early so that the ball hits the bat at ideal time.... the ball should hit the bat at ideal time and it's not based on input of the keyboard received..... :thumbs

----------

Mediafire links: timing and loading.rar

Thanks, Ashu. It looks like theirs is purely based on distance. I can make CH timing bar mimic that behaviour but it will only be an indication and not a true representation of how well you've timed it (because it also depends on the animation frame).

Wait I can see sync. glitch of players as the bowl disappears b4 the fielder animation is done..... :(
Rather you put both the timing bars and have an option for a standard of classic timing bar...

I agree with Kurt. Timing bar is only a aid, not a core element of the gameplay. I don't see any issues with the current timing bar as-is.

I'll change the current timing bar to also be based on distance, but again, it's not integral to the gameplay.

@Ashu: can you post a screenshot of the sync bug?

I'm lost...

....I have been there for quite some time.....

............on another note it would be nice if once a wicket is taken we can stay on the field a little longer....it flashes very quickly to the scorecard and you suddenly realise someone is out........

......it was a great sense of acheivment as well as I suddenly pitched one up with swanny to mr clarke and the ball rushed on and silly point took the catch......

----------

.....another question.....bowling with bresnan.....only has an inswinger available....fair enough......now when playing to a left handed bastmen the game recognises his swinger as an outswinger.......fair enough....but now there is no swing available.....surely bresnan would be able to swing the ball in that same direction whoever the bastmen is????

Do you get what i mean?

@Dutchad: Sure thing :) I'll try animate a sequence where the players congregate while the batsman walks off the field. Something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread