Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something might've gone wrong with the installation of .NET on your system. Don't worry, it's not serious :) It won't affect your computer.

What was the output when you ran sfc?

actually i did some days ago so i dont remember the output:lol i already know this solution

ok here it is

Discription:cricket.exe has stopped working (i have windows 7 32 bit)
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cricket.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 519e49d4
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdaae
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 00009617
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Yeah, unfortunately that's a generic error and doesn't give me detail. I'll try to include more debug info in the next patch. You'll have to sit tight until then though.

Also, just for those that really don't realise how un-financially viable this game would be to have the best graphics/commentary etc.

Kurt has already spent about $3,000 on this game. Very good graphics probably would cost around $100,000 (wouldn't even be the best). Commentary, for about 15 minutes all up would cost another $1,000.

So to make it close to a perfect game, you could be looking at spending about $105,000.

He's currently selling this at $5, with $15, I think when the game releases. This means that he could have to sell about 8000 copies of the game (a few pre-orders) plus most afterwards to break even. To be able to sell that amount of games, he would need to spend even more money on advertising. So in the end, maybe there would be a $10 profit in every game sold ($15 minus say $5 advertising costs). That already lifts the number of games he needs to sell up to about 10,500. The demand for cricket games isn't that high, I'm sure, even at this low price and kurt doesn't have the market share or reputation needed for the game to sell this many copies.

He could up the price of the game, which I swear you's all expect to have improved graphics without paying any more than $5. Use simple economics! If the business has to pay more in production costs, this will be reflected in higher prices. So just say he increased the price for $50, he wouldn't need to sell as many but the demand would be lower. Not to mention his unknown reputation to anyone outside PC would mean nobody would be willing to pay this sort of price, even with a great game. They'd rather pick something up from Codemasters who have this high reputation and market-share, even though the game isn't as good.

So yeah, this isn't directed at anyone in particular but this is for anyone who 'thinks' they understand the financial side of this game, or just is plain stupid and expects the best graphics and low prices. Compare it with a company like Codemasters. They can expect to sell the game at high prices with a high demand because of their reputation for great games. So they can spend $500,000 on a game knowing that people will buy it and bring in some profit over time. Also they have the money they can spend. Where does kurt get the money for this game? He's not stupid and knows he's running a loss for this game. He can't get a loan cause he won't be able to pay it back. He doesn't have money that he can spend himself on the game, so it really is impossible, and people expect stupid things. Anyway, enough from me :p

@DM:I thought of it but didn't do it right.....
@kurt:In deep catches the fielder doesn't seem to catch the ball so if that animation is used it would definitely be better....... :thumbs

Last edited:
@Hedger:
joker-clap-hq.gif
Well Said...... :clap

----------

For deep catches the cpu goes across bt not fprward and the ball is at his legs then no animation just FOW screen comes so it'd be rather nice to go forward and grab it literally.... :p

Aah, the camera switches back to bowler immediately. I'll change that. Also, I'll take a look at having the fielder come forward a bit more. The animation won't change though.

yeah that would makeup for catching cutscene..... ;) :thumbs

----------

yeah caught an eye on meshfielder object.... :D fielder models.....

maybe I can do something with that..... :thumbs

----------

For now its over tomorrow I'll start and catch u all up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread