Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think kurt we need more hell more commentary clips.....
Jst played EA c2k7 and feel how much refreshing commentary can be..... :rolleyes

@Ashu: I still need to make the commentary editor. Will try to get around to that this week. I'll be away for most of the next 2 weeks though, so dev will be either slow or non-existant.

----------

EDIT: I think it's important to keep perspective on this project :) I'm grateful for the comparisons to established games, but CH will never reach the same production levels (or price points). I'll do what I can to make the game as moddable as possible, though.

Ashu, if you want commentary and want to compare this to games like C07, feel free to give kurt thousands of dollars to do that and I'm sure he'll be able to reach that level :)

And yeah, you should obviously try and fix up the exploits as best you can but it's a game, there is always going to be something you can exploit. It's just the way most games are. On C07, you could always just bowl short with spinners on damp pitches and the batsman would play pull shots to balls that would hit his feet. Same with all other games, there's pretty much always going to be some minor thing you can exploit to make things easier. The previous F1 games that didn't have penalties for cutting corners, there would be certain tracks that you could gain a 5 second advantage by cutting a corner. It's just up to the person playing the game whether they will take advantage of these exploits or make the game funner by refusing to use them. The occasional yorker for a dot ball isn't exploiting anything, only when you do it every single ball.

----------

Ashu, if you want commentary and want to compare this to games like C07, feel free to give kurt thousands of dollars to do that and I'm sure he'll be able to reach that level

Oh, not to mention that in C07, you can hammer sixes off every ball even on 5 star difficulty. So the gameplay in this game beats anything in C07.

OK chill guys I wasnt comparing there..... I was saying suggesting the importance of fresh commentary in the game.....

Also Hedger If I had money I'd have loved to contribute it as I mentioned earlier....

c07 is polished upto the hell level by modders We all know that so why are you getting on exploiting the things...... I didn't mention any game there BTW I know all the tricks you can discover in c07......

While CH is a different game on the other perspective..... 07 just fills the hunger of sixes and fours in a cricket game while CH is abt patience........

It's a healthy habit to read the post carefully b4 replying.....

I am fully commited to this project and this project is on top priority for me.....
I understand the economic and plagiarism factor of this game so its better not to make me understand what and what not......(Hedger I'm talking to u)

@Ashu: No-one is saying that you shouldn't make suggestions - we're trying to tell you that the suggestions need to be reasonable. Suggesting that the commentary be revamped to be more complete like C07 is neither here nor there because I can't manage that. It's too expensive. Which is why I said (previously, too) that I'm going to focus more on the gameplay (for which you had good suggestions) rather than the presentation. I also said that I'll be trying to add as many editors as possible so that if anyone feels that they want to contribute to the game they can do so.

Now, that being said, let me get back to tweaking the gameplay so I can get a new update ready :)

EDIT: if you really wanted to you could even completely mod the game and sell the mod pack for $$$ if you wanted.

Ashu, please dont use 'u', 'b4' etc. The rules say to post in 'clear' English.

And if you're talking to me about reading the whole post before replying, I do and have been.

No I didnt..... jst thought over it and understood it..

----------

@Kurt: I dont know why you people ALWAYS COMPLETELY GET ME WRONG..............:noway

@Ashu: I don't think we do. Maybe just take some extra time when posting to fully explain your thoughts. Misunderstandings happen, so the extra 10min before posting might be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread