Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the AI need their chance of hitting sixes lowered. If they loft it, it's six. Without fail. More should be falling short.

And can batsman not come into beach cricket 100% settled

And they only ever seem to loft over cover (and pulls for short balls). Need more straight back down the ground and across the line to cow corner

it is easy to restrict them.... and fielding is too stupid yet...... and batting is way too easy mainly bcoz of fielding and also AI bowling is not too gr8 perhaps timing influence to be increased.....

@DM: That's the one shot animation I don't have :/ I'll see what I can do about the rest though.

@Ashu: I need details - saying "the AI is too stupid" doesn't help. What is the AI doing that's stupid? What about the AI bowling is too easy?

Not much when you are facing Malinga and Pattinson in tandem, all out for 25 :facepalm considering I kept them to under 60 :facepalm

I think the batting is fairly challenging on higher difficulty levels. Not sure if I would want it to be any harder.

I think the batting is fairly challenging on higher difficulty levels. Not sure if I would want it to be any harder.

I think the batting is pretty balanced on pro in test matches. I'll test one day games in the next update if I get any time though.

considering playing on pro level its not too hard pro should be like hell I get out on every ball :p
Regarding fielding the AI dives and it may deflect the ball but the diver will not chase yet.....
the ball is in the gap then the fielder will chase it instead of diving or combining the efforts of chasing&diving with extra fielder as seen in cricket today
and sometimes if a deep extra cover plus cover point is there then the deep fielder will field regardless of how near the ball was to cover fielder....

Bowling is well balanced but CPU must hit more attacking shots on pro level.....
I can contain the opposition easily by yorkers and get wicket sometimes....
Perfectly timed shots are rare+they always end in a miss or edge....
Early shots race to the boundary.....

Lot to complain.... :p

@plexus: That's a really good quality clip. I think the reason that it stutters ingame is because >10MB. I think I'll chop it up into five 30s clips and overlay & loop them. What I'll also do is assign each of those clips to a particular team. So the home side will have 3 of the clips and the opponents 2. That way I can fade them in and out depending on what happens in the game.

Awesome!!! I cant wait for everyone to see how much of a difference it makes to the game in the way of atmosphere...

As other sounds I was thinking:
-A 'Howzat' or something that the bowler would shout on appeal
-A cry of 'Catch It' if the ball is lofted towards a fielder
-Crowd cheers for a boundary hit, a few different ones for 4's and 6's

@plexus: Those are actually already in there, but it's limited to only sample each I think. If you have any you want me to use, let me know :)

Also make sure that the crowd should not cheer the opposite/away team by making 1 away cheer contain light cheer and home cheer with crowd roaring....

----------

@Hedger-I can contain means by the terms of run rate..... I had figures of 4-1-10-1 by Vinay Kumar...... against the mighty aussies

----------

also the cpu can jst play the flick on yorkers but it seems to be defending.....
more like humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread